Chapter Nineteen: "Kiss Me"

"You love, her don't you?" Mother asks, glancing out into the garden of Hayvenhurst where she ran gleefully with Janet.

"I do mother, but I'm afraid I'll loose her" I admit, following her eyes.

Mother glances at me, her small cocoa eyes defining my fear. When I return her gaze, she smiles sweetly.

"I don't think she's a girl that scares easily Michael..."

"But there's so many things that can mother. I remember how Brooke reacted to my sexuality allegations. She was supportive, at first. But she have up because of fear"

"And you think Jesse is the same?" She assumes.

"I-I don't know Kat. I really don't" I whisper, once again glancing out into the garden.

"Baby, you have to understand. Not every blessing should be questioned. I don't think God would appreciate you questioning his judgment. Let Jesse be your blessing, stop questioning" Mother advises.

Still maintaining my gaze, I nod. Jesse is my blessing and I shouldn't question that. No one can take her from me, and no one will take her from me.

No one...

"Michael! Please stay focused!" Bill scolds me as I return to my trailer.

Following me inside, he continues to nag me for my inability to complete my current scene.

"Bill... Please. I'm fine..." I exhale, tugging at my curly mullet.

Lately, I haven't been able to focus. I'm physically on set, but my mind isn't. I've been thinking about Jesse and our blissful evening together. Every time I close my eyes, I see her silhouette. I see her pleasurable expressions. The way her mouth gaped as she fought for anything other than a moan.

I can't seem to shake her, not to focus for a minute. She's my poison, and her body has been imprinted into my mind. I'm addicted.

"Michael you aren't even trying to focus! I told you not to do anything! And now you can't even think straight! Dammit Michael!" Bill fusses, pacing the trailer angrily.

"Bill... This is the last time I'm telling you this, I love her and that's all that matters..."

"Did you at least use protection? Please tell me you did?" He sighs, leaning against the counter.

I remain silent. I can't lie to Bill this time. I didn't use protection and I know Bill is going to kill me, if he wasn't already sharpening his knife before. I can only imagine how worried Jesse will be when he tries to confront her.

"Dammit... Michael! What in the hell! What if she's pregnant?! You aren't in the place to raise a baby! Michael think just think!" He lashes out, plopping into my extra formidable chair.

I shake my head, running my fingers frustratingly through my hair. He's right. He's absolutely right. I can't raise a baby now, neither can Jesse. Neither one of us is in that state to raise a child. With my upcoming tour and Jesse's career taking off as well, we unfortunately can't handle a child.

"You're still living with your parents Michael! How can you be so damn stupid! What am I-"

"Bill! I hear you! Okay?! I hear you!" I screech, growing tired of his badgering .

"I need to talk to her. We need to set up an appointment with an doctor. God... Just finish up here and go back out there, you need to finish this first" He sighs defeated, standing up from the chair.

"Bill... I can handle this. I will handle this, trust me" I plead.

"I trusted you Michael, and now you have a possibility of a child being on the way. I'm done..." He concludes, stepping out into the darkness of the set.