Chapter Twenty-Two: At Night When The Stars Shine

A chipped heart, isn't a broken heart. The chip can easily be replaced by the reclamation of love. Love isn't easy, it never has been and never will be. There's no map telling with a key to make your decisions easier. There's no memory flash that can have one become amnesiac to the pain. You just have to replace the chip and continue on.

I'm not hurt, nor am I broken. As I may be bruised, I still love. I don't blame him. I don't blame her. I blame no one. It's nothing I can do, what's been done is now in the past. I still love Michael, and I still despise Tatiana. I have come to terms that it was a minor chip of my heart, and I must replace the missing piece.

My missing peace is my voice. I muted myself for nearly a week. I just couldn't see past his words. I wouldn't have expected Michael to kiss her. After all of his reassuring words, the way he made love to me nights before. It all didn't coagulate into the truth. Nothing made sense, and when nothing made sense, my voice opted out.

Now that I have found my peace with the minor incident, I have reclaimed my missing piece.

"Hey babygirl, how are you holding up?" He asks, his voice delicate and timid.

During my trial of silence, Michael shrunk. His once confident, assured tome integrated into a softer, timid tone. It was as if he was afraid to say the wrong thing, make the wrong move, he wasn't Michael. Of course I felt terrible about being the cause if his behavior, i just wouldn't tell him.

"I'm fine, how was shooting?" I ask casually in an attempt to ease the tension.

"I think I'm firing Frank as my manager" He announces in a mere whisper.

In addition to Michael stressing over my silent reign, he has also been burdened with control. I've ease dropped on a few late night conversations between him and Mister Dileo, they were very well heated. Michael just can't catch a break with the people he trusts, they always seemingly reveal themselves as serpents.

"I'm sorry Michael..." I whisper, watching his burdens reign over his emotions as he collapses into the love seat, his face buried in his palms.

"It's not your fault Jess. Don't apologize" He mumbles, glancing up for air.

"No... I'm really sorry baby. I ignored you when you needed me the most. I'm so sorry baby, I'm here. I'm always here" I find myself choking up as well.

I will always put my emotions aside for Michael. He's a hurt soul in need of constant and undying support, and that's what I surrender my own to gift to him.

"Babygirl you can't blame yourself. I broke my promise and-"

I remove his hands from his face and step between him.

"Your promise was never broken Michael. A kiss won't change my love for you. Yes, it hurt but I'm not backing down. I'm not giving up on you. I need you as much as you need me. Bill nor Tatiana can change that. I love you" I encourage, cupping his jaw into my palms.

His eyes dart around the suite until they find their home within mine. He's emotionally distraught and mentally broken. Gazing into his eyes silently, I lower my body towards his, leaning my face into his. I can feel his light breaths against my lips as i near closer, I have had a long need of his lips on mine. His lips are the ardent keeper of my own sanity. I am aware that the feeling is substantially mutual in his heart as well.

When our lips meet, a spark ignites. The enigmatic emotions of passion and love fill my heart. Every memory of his touches, his words, his groans, all infatuate my mind and capture my body as our kiss deepens. This contemporary sentiment of sensuality ravaging my sense of accord. I am once again enamored, and enlightened within his spell.