Chapter 11

Well... Didn't say I would make up for last chapter with fluff...Sorry

TW: Shooting

John POV

Alex and I were walking with each other to the lunch room. Our relationship has been going great. Heck life in general is going great! However that isn't going to last very long. 

Nothing good ever last forever, no matter how much you want it to. 

Life has a funny thing about safety. It's hardly there even when you feel like it is. You are never truly safe. 

We learned that the hard way when the schools power was cut. Even I knew when a gun was being shot when the entire area began to shake. You can feel the gun shots. 

Alex was grasping my hand tightly to let me know hes there since neither of us could sign right now. Theres not enough time to sign right now anyway. 

That's why it was worrying when Alex's hand went limp in mind. 

I quickly turned to see what was wrong as the lights turned back on. Alex was lying on the ground blood seeping from his side and unconscious. I'm pretty sure I screamed because everyone looked over. 

Someone must have called an ambulance because soon they came and took him away on a stretcher. 

"John. You need to calm down," Peggy signed. 

"Peggy he's dead!" I sign back with shaky hands and tears flooding my eyes. 

Anything they said after that I didn't see since tears flooded my vision. 

Someone was rubbing my back as they held me. No matter who it is I know it isn't Alex. I calm down enough to be able to see and Angelica takes the opportunity to sign to me. 

"Alex is NOT dead," She signs. 

"You don't know that. Angie he was fucking shot," I cry. 

"John. He's not. You need to have some hope okay,"  Laf says. 

Instead of responding I shake whoever was holding me, who I know know was Herc, and walk off to my dorm. I can't talk to anyone right now. The first person that has ever loved me for who I am just got fucking shot and is probably going to die. That is if he didn't already. 

I cry for what feels like hours but I'm not sure if it actually was. Eventually I cry myself to sleep with one thought on my mind. 

Please be okay. 

Peggy POV

John shakes Herc off and runs away. He probably went to his dorm. We all mutually agree that he might need some time alone and we give him that. However eventually we are going to check on him. 

We aren't particularly worried about him hurting himself. He never has before and promised he never would. He has always stuck with that no matter how bad things got. 

Point is we are giving him the time to himself. The author only added that part because they are trying to make this longer because of last chapter. 

[Shut up Peggy. Can someone get the fourth wall builder?]

Anyway, Alex is a tough bastard. He won't die from this. Of course we are all worried, but he won't die. 

He can't die. 

We need you Alex. Don't die on us. 

=====

So I might have to do an update hiatus with this story because I only have the chapter after this one written. We'll see how the weekend plays out.

- Heaven