Nervousness

“Your performance will start in a bit. I’ll be at the front to capture everything so don’t go out there looking all nervous, it’ll ruin the pictures.”

She said teasingly with a wide smile. Perth retorted defensively.

“Who said I was nervous! You!”

“You are nervous, Perth. Look at how pale you are!”

“I’m not! I’m not! I’m totally fine.”

She was trying her best to suppress her laughters.

“I was just teasing you. I know you’ll do well. You are a talented guitarist. So go now and show them your best in this recital and make sure that they will realize how lucky they are to hear the soon-to-be-the-best-guitarist-in-Thailand play!”

She said sincerely while raising her hand for a high five. Perth returned the high five, looking all confident.

“You bet I will!"

--- § ---

The manager called up everyone for a quick pep talk. As everyone huddled around him, including the band, he started to speak.

“Thank you for everyone’s hard work. Few hours from now, Love Thy Self will have their first ever show in Pattaya. Please continue supporting them. Let’s do our best, but for now, let’s all have break.”

Everyone cheered except for Perth who seems to be in a different world. This didn’t go unnoticed to White.

“Perth, you’ve been acting really weird since we came here. What’s the matter?”

It took a full minute before Perth realized that White asked him a question. He was intently looking at the stage as everyone left. White nudged him by the shoulder. Perth was startled.

“Oh. I’m fine. I just keep remembering stuff.”

“You have been remembering stuff since earlier. Want to talk about it?”

Yatch said smiling while elbowing him by the side while Captain went around him wearing a mischievous grin.

“Now, I’m sure it’s a girl that he is remembering.”

“With that assumption again, Captain?”

Perth rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. The three were laughing at Perth when a flash of light caught them by surprise. Saint was taking pictures of them, smiling.

“Saint! I don’t look good at stolen photos. Let me pose for you properly.”

Yatch teasingly said while starting to pose like a model. Saint giggled but took series of shots before Captain hit Yatch by the head.

“You don’t look like a model at all!”

Captain remarked as Yatch laughed out loud while holding his head. White politely spoke to Saint.

“Saint, take care of us later and we will look at the pictures after the live.”

“Of course. I’m excited to capture it all with my camera. But don’t anyone of you dare to come out on stage looking all nervous. It’ll ruin the photos.”

Saint said with a teasing tone. Perth gave him a sharp look that made him bow and apologize instinctively in a quiet voice.

“I’m... I'm sorry. It was a joke. I know you’ll all do well on stage.”

The three were caught off guard with the turn of events. They were puzzled. Normally, Perth was the nicest one in terms of dealing with other people. They exchanged glances, wondering. White felt Saint awkwardness.