Rain

A certain someone has going round about the living room like she has so much energy to spare.

"Will you sit down?"

"I'm so bored, Perth!"

"Why do you hate the rain so bad?"

"Duh?! Why not? I can't go outside and it look so sad when it's raining!"

Perth shook his head in disapproval.

"Why do you like the rain, Perth?"

"It makes me calm. It's so peaceful. It relaxes me. Especially if you won't move around so much. "

"I really can't understand you sometimes."

Perth smiled and went back to reading.

--------§--------

Saint brought the injured puppy to the nearby vet early that morning. He bought it a cage and all that it need when he found out it was not chipped. He was so happy and while waiting for the doctor to treat the puppy, Saint made a phone call.

"Yes, P'Niran. The hotel's name is Oakwood Journey Hub. Sorry to make you do this but I can't bring her with me during the tour. Yes, Thank you. I'll wait for you. Take care, P'."

Saint started thinking of the name of the puppy. She looked liked a fox and the vet said she is around four months old. Then a really cute name came in mind.

"Kitsune. Yes, I'll name her that."

The clinic staff approached Saint to advised that everything has been done and settled. After thanking everyone, Saint left to go back to the hotel while carrying a sleeping Kitsune like a baby.

Saint went directly to the lounge by the pool and pet Kitsune while reading the book Perth lent him when it started to rain. He looked at the sky and smiled. The rain makes him happy. He felt relax when he hears its sound, it is like a soothing song that make his soul feel at ease. He was so engrossed with the rain that he didn't notice someone approached him until he heard him ask.

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Saint looked at the source of the voice and saw Perth standing by the table. He remembered the stoic expression on his face last night but he was at fault so he tried to hide his discomfort with a smile.

"Sure. Sit down."

"I was reading when I saw it was raining so I decided to come here. I see you still have that puppy with you. How is..."

"She's a she. I named her Kitsune."

"She does look like a fox. A very fitting name."

Saint was suprised. He didn't expect Perth to realize the reason why he came up with the name. It made him a bit more comfortable with him and smiled expectantly.

"You know the meaning of the word! My family and friends usually find my naming style weird."

"Just happened to read it in one of the books. By the way, how do you plan to take care of her when you are going with us?"

"I asked my brother to pick her up today and bring her home. But I didn't mention that I will be taking care of her, how did you know?"

"You basically named her, so I know she wasn't chipped. But is it okay for her to stay outside, it's raining."

"She seems alright cuddling with me. And it's been a while since it rained so I wanted to see it."

Saint smiled serenely and looked at the rain. Perth just nodded and went back to reading the book he brought. He stepped out of his room when he learned it was raining for the same reason as Saint. It has been a while and he missed the rain and the comfort that it gives him.