four

lost and found.
May 14, 2018

VANILLA IS MISSING.

Three words enough to send everyone on a frenzy. All concerned parties went frantically looking for a three year old girl, who unknowingly slipped out from Jungkook's grasp.

Sweat dripped down their foreheads as they continued to search for what seemed like a needle in a haystack.

The members and their manager looked around the private waiting area, she couldn't have wandered somewhere else, right?

Wrong.

How are they going to find a little girl inside America's busiest and largest airport? No idea.

Paranoia started to kick in as they imagine what gruesome horrific danger Vanilla might be facing as they try to locate her.

It wasn't just a passport or another pair of airpods but a kid, possibly one of the six member's kid.

Jimin was not having it. After barely getting enough sleep in the airplane, due to Vanilla's constant whining and loud sobs everytime Namjoon doesn't give her what she wants.

All because of a lullaby.

The leader who thought his voice would irritate Vanilla instead of getting her to sleep — he simply ignored her request. "Go to sleep now Vanilla."

"No! Sing Appa!"

And so, Jimin chose to trade places. Singing songs to Vanilla, who was sitting on his lap with her back pressed against his chest.

"Stay with me so we can dream forever right here in my arms, tonight."

His voice making her eyes droop with sleep. As she layed down — resting her head on his shoulders, he gently tapped on her shoulders -- pointing outside the window.

"Vanilla, baby look at the stars."

Her eyes sparkled as her mouth slowly parted in awe, lights. Pretty lights. The stars forming into shapes and sizes only Vanilla could see. Tracing her finger against the cold surface, she let out a tiny giggle.

The stars covered the nightsky like glitter on a dark surface. They were sparkled against the sky like scattered tears. Oh, what a wonderful sight.

Vanilla loved them. Watching the stars glisten right infront of her. Tiny dimples appearing on her cheeks as she named every star she spotted.

How can one be so pure?

Stroking her hair, he tucked a strand behind her ear as she took a closer look. "Appa?" She slid down his lap, walking back to her own seat. Leaving Jimin confused.

"Yes baby?" His soft voice giving a comforting feeling as her eyes brimmed with tears. "Why is the star lonely?" She pointed at a something, Jimin could not find.

He tried his best to find what she was pointing at. Letting out a sigh in defeat, he simply answered her question.

"Lonely? Look baby, the star - is shining bright. The brightest among everyone. The star learned to be strong, the star loves itself. And you don't have to be with - alot of people - to be happy, Vanilla."

He spoke slowly as he gathered the words he wanted to say, replying to her in his crooked english mixing in some korean, which made it harder for her to understand.

"So the star is happy, appa?" She fiddled with her fingers under the blanket he draped over her.

The question stunned jimin. If he was the star would he really be happy? Yes he is. Yet he wondered if this little girl sitting on his lap was really his. It was as if she was the last puzzle piece he needed. She completed him.