six

❝ a teddy bear? ❞
May 19, 2018

THE NEXT DAYS passed by like a blur. Her silence and limited movements bothered the restless members who had to burn their midnight oil just to put out a jaw dropping performance.

She sat down by the corner with her hair in locks, a few strands loose. She quietly watched them as they executed the moves flawlessly, everyone was in sync yet they practiced again, one more, then another.

Don't they get tired?

The familiar beat started once again, the song echoed inside the room as they all get into position. Beads of sweat dripped from their foreheads, their eyes focused on themselves as their worn out bodies exert the last of its energy.

Vanilla felt tired just by watching them, looking around - a soft shade of grey decorated the walls along chairs for comfort, a large mirror and a stack of dreams were placed by the empty corner, a shelf filled with trophies that gleamed as the light hit its golden plates.

For an unknown reason, she felt uneasy - wondering why her mom left her in the first place.

At the age of three, it meant going out to play under the heat of the sun as the rays illuminate the breathtaking view of children running around and parents watching over them. But there she was, hidden from the world. It was as if she was a lonely star trying to fit into the bright constellations laid out in the sky.

Oh how she wanted to go back home.

A home with her mom, A home with someone who'll shower her with the love and care she wanted to feel. Oh how she misses her mother's voice. Like when she tells her the stories of the princesses.

Vanilla had a personal favorite, the tale of snow white and the seven dwarfs. A gasp escaped her plump lips. She then straightened her fingers and began counting. Her eyes lit up and a smile made its way as soon as she realized everything had its place.

She was the princess, and they were the dwarfs! Vanilla was ecstatic - but her joy was cut short when another figured out that she could never be a princess. She wasn't beautiful - if she was an ugly duckling then, she had no chance.

"Sweetheart." Hoseok called, slowly she looked up just to see his bright eyes staring back at her. His breathing was uneven as he slightly stroked her hair whilst taking the spot next to her.

"Appa are you okay?" She grabbed a bottle of water from the near rack, then handed one to him - disregarding her thoughts. He nodded lightly, his body having little to no energy left from the exhausting choreography.

"Appa, you love me right?" She asked put of the blue. The main dancer looked at her as if she was crazy. "W-what?" He cleared his throat. "You love me right? Even if i'm ugly duckling right?" She asked as her voice slightly cracked, her throat seemingly tightened.

"What appa said is not true right?" She pointed at the youngest member, who was still practicing alongside Jimin.

He had no — completely no idea of what she was talking about. "What? Yes, ofcourse." His hesitant reply brought her into tears. She stomped her feet, her cries caught the attention of the others, who either had their eyes closed or were perfecting certain parts of the dance.

Soon enough - the screeching of the shoes stopped, the music was turned off. "What's wrong?" They halted. Vanilla was grabbing her hair, wailing her eyes out. He slowly walked towards her but his feet stuck to the ground, unable to move as she uttered her next words.

"Appa i want my Eomma!" She hit hoseok's shoulders, causing the bottle of water in his hand to tilt and let the liquid cover him. It was his last straw, she acted like they didn't exist for a whole week, now this?