Chapter 1

You had been granted a rank up, you were now a rear admiral and was appointed to work on Thrawn's star destroyer to help with the insurgence of rebel threats in the sector and across the galaxy. You had always been interested in Thrawn, his tactics and the fact he faced discrimination like you had in the empire due to the colour of your skin (your skin is a light orange colour). You had faced your own discrimination, being looked down on by your peers and even by those who rank under you.

Your ship flew down and landed in a hanger, the door opened revealing Thrawn and a couple of other high ranking officers waiting for you in the hanger. You walk down and shake his hand, he looked domineering and like he commanded the situation entirely.

"Rear Admiral (y/n), good to make your acquaintance" he said in a cool voice. There was no hint of emotion.

"likewise Grand Admiral" you say

He nods and introduces you to governor Pryce and Agent Kallus and then around six others before telling you your room. You nod and signal a stormtrooper to take your bag there.

"Tell me rear admiral" Thrawn said "From where do you hail from to get all those scars?" He was referring obviously to two scars that traced from your chest up to the top of your neck.

"I come from the outer rim planet of Skye, there is a community of outlanders who survived by killing the weak and training those strong harshly" you say, feeling your scar.

"You must be a skilled fighter" he said, running his eyes down a rather large scar which ran from your upper lip and down past the neck of your uniform.

"Yes sir" you say "as the princess of the clan I was expected to fight any male who challenged me if I lost then I would have to wed him, I won all of them, well except for. Well never mind. I let the past die grand admiral" you explain, frowning at how much you had revealed.

"Hmm" Thrawn mused while listening in great interest. You reached his office and Thrawn stopped, turning to you properly. "You must teach me some of what you learned, Rear Admiral,"

The others also joined the room, standing behind the desk as Thrawn brought up a map of planets. You listened in interest to his hypothesis, to learn the enemy before attacking. He was obviously a very patient man who knew how to work a battlefield in his favour and work with any setback. When he had finished the briefing he let everyone go but you. You sat behind his desk and waited for Thrawn to speak which he did after a few moments of thinking.

"Who do you think is the spy?" he asks.

"I don't know what you mean sir" you said, confused.

"One of those in that meeting was a spy, and as an outsider, you would have a fresh view of each person in the room, therefore you may be able to help me unmask the rebel, code-named Fulcrum" Thrawn explained.

You thought for a second, thinking about every person in the room "it did seem like agent Kallus was a little on edge" you remark. "However I would need to further analyse his actions and movements"

Thrawn nodded, "Thank you for your insight Rear Admiral" he said.

"Thank you sir" you said, standing to leave.

"And Rear Admiral, tonight at 7 I would love for you to show me your training." Thrawn said, his eyes sparking with interest.

"Of course sir" you said, nodding and leaving his office to go about your duties