DNA

No Ones POV

It was night time by now. Everyone was at the Davenports' household, except Cece. Leo and Adam had stayed upstairs to supervise their friends while Chase, Brody, Sloane, and Bree went down to the lab.

They were all curious at what Mr. Davenport had to say. Davenport told Brody to stand in Adam's capsule and Chase in his capsule.

Davenport typed in a few codes in the computer before both capsule floors glowed a soft blue. Both boys stood still waiting for the results.

"Alright you guys can get out now." Davenport turns to the girls. "You're next."

As the boys get out, the girls get in the capsules. The same process repeats and Davenport waits to merge the results.

When the girls get out, the small group waits eagerly for Davenport to tell them. Davenport looks at the results before telling them. What he saw blew his mind.

"So!?" Brody asked.

"Brody and Chase... you guys are related." Davenport said. "Sloane and Bree... you two are also related."

Sloane and Bree gave each other a hug. They were so happy to find out they were related.

"What I don't get is, how you are twins, but only half have abilities." Davenport said.

Brody shrugs, "honestly I don't care. Abilities or not, the only thing that matters is family."

Sloane and Bree break away from the hug. Bree says, "Mr. Davenport, there is one thing that we need to know... are Chase and I related."

Davenport looked at Bree and Chase, "well why would you want to know that?"

"It's not for us." Chase says. Davenport was getting an idea of what he meant. He looked into the computer to find the file that holds the key to everything.

"Bree, go get Adam." Davenport commands. Bree nods and walks upstairs.

A minute later Bree came down with Adam by her side. By the look his father and siblings had, something serious was about to occur.

"What's going on?" Adam asks.

"You'll find out. Be patient." Davenport said, "now you all know blood doesn't make family, love does. Whatever these results are, it won't affect us correct?" The group nods. "Adam, Bree, and Chase... you guys are not related. Making Sloane and Brody not related."

Brody and Sloane hid their excitement once they saw Adam's expression. It was a filled with hurt, covered with hate.

"You lied to us this whole time?" Adam asks Davenport. Adam looked at Bree and Chase. "If we aren't related, then who's a real Davenport."

"Adam blood doesn't make family—"

"I know it doesn't, but I'm not arguing for that. I'm mad that you hid the truth from us once more! When will you stop!?" Adam looked at Mr. Davenport. "At least Douglas would've told us everything."

Bree looked at her older brother walk upstairs. She then looked at Mr. Davenport with a confused expression. "We'll be in the living room."

The small group walks upstairs to their friends, acting like nothing happened.

Donald faced the computer. This was the first time Adam said anything that impacted him. This really was astonishing. Adam was changing mentally. He appreciates that his kids are becoming more mature, but sometimes they don't understand the things he does.

"How is this possible? Did Douglas make Bree and Chase out of those kids?" Davenport inspected the results more carefully, but there was something wrong. "My gosh..."