Chapter 36: The promise

"I looked at him as a friend until I realized I loved him." -unknown

Elsie POV

I make myself comfortable on the couch after succeeding in freeing myself from his grip this morning. He was a crazy possessive man. He won't let me go even in my sleep. He didn't release his grip until morning but strangely I managed to have a good sleep last night.

"What is that?" I mumbled in fear when I heard a commotion near the big window behind me. I stood up and turned my head and stared outside looking for the source of the sound but nothing was there.

I felt a hand encircled my waist from behind and I immediately spun my head around.

"Hey, what's wrong?" His scent wafted up to my nose and his familiar voice calm my accelerated heartbeat.

"Dexter, I heard some noise outside there earlier. Is there anyone here beside us?" I asked, pointing outside the window.

"You stay here, don't go anywhere." He sprinted to the room and a moment later he came back with a gun in his hand.

"Stay inside and lock the door. Promise me, don't go out no matter what happens. My men will be here soon." He stepped away headed to the door but when he almost reached there he spun around and walked towards me.

He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I will make sure you are safe, I promise." My mind still processes what happened earlier but he was gone before I could say anything. He dashed out from the living room leaving me bewildered.

A few minutes later, I heard gunshots resonated in the air. The fear bloomed in my stomach. I pacing around tried to trace the source of the gunshot but I didn't see anything.

I was terrified when I heard more gunshots outside. Without thinking too much about my safety, I twisted the doorknob and dashed from the villa. It terrified me but I need to make sure nothing bad happens to Dexter. No, I won't allow it.

"Careful, behind your back!" I heard Dexter's voice behind me but before I could respond, I saw a body on the ground. Dexter shot him with his gun. He ran to me and cupped my face. I scanned him up and down to make sure he wasn't injured.

"I told you to stay in the house. Why are you here?" His voice was firm as he was angry I didn't obey his command.

"Are you okay? I'm worried something happens to you. I heard the gunshots earlier. What happen?" I asked staring at his face. He was tensed and I could felt danger approached us.

"The enemy. They are here to kill me but my people will be here soon. Now, you need to stay in the house. You are not safe outside here." I know how much he concerned about me.

Out of the blue, he spun my body to the other side and the gunshots shattered the silence one more time. I was terrified. Panic bloomed over me. I heard something fall on the floor. No, it can't be. I looked at the ground and saw him laid there with his right side of the upper body covered with blood.

"No, no! Dexter, I'm sorry, this is my fault. I should listen to you." I sat on the ground and placed his head on my lap. I pressed the injured part tried to stop the blood. Tears started to flood in my eyes as the blood won't stop oozing from his injured body.

"Hey, don't cry. It wasn't your fault. I'm glad you are worried about me." He said with a weak smile on his face. His face slowly turned pale.

"You will be okay. You will stay with me here. I still have a lot of things to talk to you about." I said placing one of my hands on his cheek.

"Really, you want me to stay with you? I thought you hate me." He chuckled, closed his eyes a few times due to the pain.

"No, I don't hate you. I can't hate you." Tears flowing on my cheeks and I don't care about it anymore. I don't mind showing him how much I care for him.

"I'm happy to hear that." He said in a low tone and afterward, his eyes shut.

"No, no, no. Dexter, I love you. Please wake up. I promise after this I will listen to you all the time, I will follow all your commands and I will allow you to do whatever you want to do to me. Please, wake up. I need you, please. I love you." I cried out of my heart. I shook his body and slightly slapped him to wake him up. He was silent and his body didn't respond to me anymore.

This can't be the end. You are not going to leave me.

I rebuked.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤