Chapter Six

Happy Tuesday! Okay things are going to be moving a lony faster now so thank you guys for putting up with the slow start.

Thank you to those who liked, commented etc. I really appreciate it!

Now let's go let on with the chapter.

My eyes snap open. I face a dull grey ceiling; I try to recall the events of what happened before. Nothing. I wriggle my wrists; the sound of chains jingling fills my ears.

“Huh-?”

I sit up as quickly as I can, I stare in pure terror at my chained arms. What the hell happened? why can’t I remember?

“It’s okay, Breathe (Y/N). you can get through this.” I sigh. “I just need to get my bearings and find out where I am and how I even got here.”

I look at the room, it seems to be a cell of some sort. There’s a toilet, a sink and of course a bed. The room feels almost claustrophobic. “I Need to find a way out. What if I call out to someone? I wonder if-.”

“Are you finished?” I hear a very familiar voice bark at me.

I whip around to see three people before me, behind a set of bars. I see a slightly taller woman with messy brown hair, tied in a loose pony tail and slightly dirty glasses. A blonde man with steely blue eyes that pierce right through me.

And finally, I see; him! The soldier from before. He didn’t look nearly as kind as he did before. Well, he didn’t look that kind anyway but that’s beside the point.

“Good afternoon cadet (L/N).” The blonde man speaks up, folding his hands by his stomach. “I trust you’re well?”

I scowl. “Well, I’d be a bit better if I knew where I was and who you were.”

“Of course, my apologies. My name is commander Erwin Smith. I am the commander of the survey corps.”
‘Smith’ huh? That was mother’s maiden name.

“This is Zoe Hange and Captain Levi Ackerman.” He gestures to the two beside him. “Do you remember what happened before you ended up here?”

I shake my head. “No, not at all.”
Levi rolls his eyes impatiently.

“Try to think, (Y/N).” Erwin says. “Think back to before you blacked out, what were you doing?”

I close my eyes and think. Before I ended up here I was in trost, I was on the clock tower I saw someone who looked vaguely like Marco and then-.

“Oh my god!”

I shoot up from the bed I’m perched on, the chains preventing me from hitting the ceiling. “Marco! What happened to Marco!?”

“He’s dead.” Levi snaps. “Do you feel better?”

“Levi.” Hange warned.

“What? She needed to know.” He groans. “She should know that when you sign up for this.”

Then it hits me: Mikasa, Eren and Armin. I haven’t seen them since before the raid, they could be dead for all I know. I need to see them, I need to know if they’re alive. I can’t-.

“Cadet.” Erwin cuts through my brief panic. “May I ask what’s around your neck?”

I look to my pendant. “oh this? It was a gift from my mother. She told me that it was meant to be the key to saving humanity. My father told me that I’d meet a relative of mine here.”

Erwin clutches something beneath his shirt, then straightens back up. “Cadet (L/N). We would like to formally ask if you’d like to join the survey corps?”