2. The Meeting

He stared at me. "I said what are you doing out of your tower?"

I stared back in shock. It was the man who brought my food into my tower from before. This wasn't going to end good.

"You..you left the door unlocked, so I decided to come out and enjoy the sunshine."

"You can't be out here. Someone will catch you, and trust me, you don't want to encounter anyone like that."

My head drooped. I knew this was going to happen. I couldn't just decide to run away, it's for my own safety.

"I understand. Take me back then."

He grabbed my arm slowly and led me back to the tower. He was so quiet, and I never talk to anyone, so I decided to ask him a few questions."

"So how do you like being a soldier."

He turned to face me. "What kind of question is that?"

I shrugged. "I just thought maybe..."

"You don't have any idea what it's like being a soldier. It's a great honor to serve the Kingdom of Alamon."

"Don't you get bored just sitting out here?"

He shook his head. "No. I have a duty and that is to protect you from the plague."

There was something he wasn't telling me.

"Who are you exactly?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you could start with a name. That way we can start this off from a name to name basis."

His eyes looked up to the sky. "My name is Rafferty."

"Last name?"

"Why does that matter?"

"You know who I am, so don't you think it's fair we both know each other's names?"

"The last name's Altman."

Why have I heard that from somewhere?

"That's an interesting last name. Mine's LaRose."

"I know."

"Why are you giving me the cold sholder?"

"I am not here to make friends, I am here to escort you back to where you belong. You shouldn't have been out here in the first place. You're lucky I caught you otherwise I would have gotten into huge trouble. You're my first assignment, and I don't want to screw it up."

"What do you mean? Aren't you already a soldier?"

"Kind of...right now I'm being tested into becoming the next general."

That's where I heard the name before! Altman. His father was Lloyd Altman. Lloyd is the general of the 1st infantry. The 1st infantry's job is to protect the citizen's of Alamon from invaders, or anything that could threaten us.

I remember when I was a young girl, and I happened to fall outside of the castle walls on accident. Lloyd Altman was riding by, and he recognized me. He rode his horse over to me and scooped me up in his arms. He was intimidating, scaring the little 6 year old girl that I was. He took me back to the castle. I heard stories after that how he had slayed dragons, wolves, and many other beasts of the night. He was promoted to general because of his famous acts, and his bloodline became one of the most highly praised one of that year, and still is today.

"So are you his son?"

"You could say that."

"If you're his son, then why isn't he here scoping out your work?"

"I have to prove myself on my own."

"Oh."

The conversation dwindled down to nothing more than a few "we're almost theres."

"Princess, we have arrived back to your room."

I nodded and thanked him with a quick bow.

He soon shut his door, and locked it with the key.

That was when I knew this was going to be one of the only times I would ever get to touch the green grass.