It was worth a shot

Sorry for not updating. :/ I've been really busy with family stuff so I apologize. Enjoy the chapter!

Percy's POV

Bleep. Bleep. Bleep.

"Ugh," I groaned. Today was my first day of school and I was definitely not excited. I was used to being the new kid. After all, Goode was the only school I managed to stay at for a full year. 

I threw on some clothes before running downstairs and grabbing a blue pancake to eat on my way to living hell. 

Walking into Forks High school without Annabeth was a little depressing but at least...ok there was nothing good about this situation.  As I found my way to the small office at the front of the school I managed to draw the attention of the entire student population-but that was only about 350 kids. This school was so dam small!

"Hello there!" the secretary said. "I'm Mrs. Cope, how can I help you?"

"Umm hi," I replied. "My name's Percy Jackson, can I have my schedule?"

"Sure thing honey," she said handing me my schedule and examining me. She noticed my confused look. 

"Sorry," she said blushing. "We don't get new students very often."

"Riiiiight," I said zooming out of there as fast as my legs could take me.

I checked my schedule. First up 12th grade English with Mr. Berty. Luckily Paul was teaching 11th grade English so I was safe. Well kinda. It didn't take that long to find the classroom since this school is literally the size of a house. 

The classroom I walked into was pretty typical. It had rows of desks that had students sitting in their chairs backwards, or crouching on their desks gossiping; and based off what I overheard they were mostly gossiping about me. 

"I heard he's related to royalty."

You could say that.

"I heard that he was a male model for Vogue."

Mhm. That sure sounds believable.

The rumors to more and more outrageous. Someone even said something about me being a secret Kardashian. Who even comes up with this stuff?!?

I decided to ask for textbooks and stuff before class started so I wouldn't draw as much attention  later on. I walked up to Mr. Berty, an older man with gray hair.

"Hi. I'm the new kid. Percy Jackson."

"Well hello there Percy Jackson," he said. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yah. I was wondering if I could have ant books that I'm gonna need for this class. I kind of assumed I would need some since this is, well you know, English class."

"You are correct Mr. Jackson," Mr. Berty replied handing him two books.

Percy glanced at them.

You wouldn't happen to have these in Ancient Greek, would you?"

Mr. Berty squinted at him. "Uhh, what?"

"Never mind," Percy sighed. It was worth a shot.