Ch. 1

Rain pounded against the vacant streets as thunder rolled over head. Midoryia trudged through the downpour, his hoodie up over his head, covering his hero costume. He had been on patrol that night when the rain hit. "Damn it, I should have listened to Kacchan about bringing an umbrella." He mumbled to himself as he shivered.

Winter was beginning to approach and would arrive within the coming weeks so the air already had a bitter feel to it as it nipped at Midoryia's face. He yawned as he turned the corner to his street. He had been working everyday this week so he hadn't had much time to get a lot of sleep. The bags under his eyes were even becoming extra noticeable lately.

Midoryia finally reached his apartment complex, pushing his hand into his pockets to fish out the key to the door. His fingers wrapped around it and he quickly slid it into the lock, causing it to make a sharp but soft click as the door swung open. Bakugo was watching TV on the couch as Midoryia shuffled his way in, closing the door behind him.

Bakugo looked up from the television screen to see his roommate completely drenched. "Jesus Deku, aren't you cold?"

"I'll be fine. In fact, I'm going to change out of my costume right now." Midoryia waved him off as he made his way to his room. He pulled off his hoodie first, tossing it to the side as he worked his way out of his costume which seemed to cling to his body due to being soaked.

Midoryia put the wet clothing in the laundry basket before throwing on a baggy t-shirt and shorts and making his way back to the living room where Bakugo was still at. He sat down on the couch across from Bakugo. Midoryia yawned loudly, causing Bakugo to look up at him. He immediately noticed the dark circles under his friend's eyes and frowned.

"Oi, Deku. Why do you look so rough?" Bakugo questioned him, pausing the TV. Midoryia rubbed his eyes as he turned his attention towards the blonde.

"Come on, I don't look THAT bad do I?"

"You haven't been sleeping, have you?"

Midoryia looked away from him and down at his feet. "I've gotten some here and there."

"Damn it Deku. You're overworking yourself, you need to take a break."

Midoryia stood up from the couch, yawning into his hand. "A hero never takes breaks."

"Shut the fuck up you damn nerd." Bakugo threw one of the pillows he was laying on at Midoryia with enough force to cause him to have to take a step back to keep himself from falling as the pillow made contact with his cheek. "Go to sleep dumbass!"

Midoryia looked over at the clock on the wall. It read 12:47 a.m.

"Yeah, I have to start my patrol again at 9:00 anyways." Midoryia replied back to Bakugo, turning away from him.

"Night Kacchan."

"Night Dumb Fuck."

——————————————————

Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Beep Beep

Bakugo slammed his fist down on the alarm clock and turned to look at the time. 10:00 a.m displayed brightly on the screen in big red numbers. Bakugo groaned as he sat up in bed, stretching as he got to his feet.