Ch. 5

3rd Person POV

Bakugo sat in the living room, his body slumped into one of the couches as he flipped through the TV. After Midoryia had finished the soup he had fallen asleep again, but that was an hour ago. Bakugo wasn't one to usually worry but this was concerning him. He had never seen Midoryia get sick before. Hell, up until know he has convinced himself that the boy was immune.

It wasn't long before coughing began to come from Midoryia's room, signifying that he was awake. Bakugo got up quickly and made his way over to the room. He opened the door slowly as his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room.

"Hey Deku, is your lazy ass finally up?" Bakugo said as he walked into the room. There was no answer, but instead just another round of coughs. Deku was laid hunched over on his side, his back away from him.

Bakugo walked around to the side of the bed that Deku was facing. "Uh Deku?"

It was too dark to see but it looked like his eyes were still shut. Bakugo frowned and turned to the lamp next to him that was positioned on one of stands next to the bed. As the light turned on it illuminates Deku's face. It was paler than before and the greenette appeared to be drenched in sweat. His eyes squeezed together slightly at the presence of the bright light before opening slowly. Even his usually vibrant eyes looked duller than usual.

"Kach-" Midoryia began before erupting into yer another coughing fit.

"Deku, what the hell? How long have you been like this?" Bakugo scowled as he placed his hand on his roommate's sweaty forehead. It was hotter than before as well.

"I d-don't know, but I'm feeling worse. I thought you said my temperature had gone down some earlier."

Bakugo tensed up but quickly dodged the topic. "Well I'll check it again now." He said as he grabbed the thermometer from out of his back pocket. It was easier than having to run back and forth from the bathroom.

Midoryia opened his mouth slightly, slowing just enough room for the thermometer to go in.

108.1 F

"Holy shit." Bakugo said to himself as he looked at the reading. It was worse than when he has first found Midoryia.

"This isn't like any normal cold that I've ever seen."

"W-Well..." Midoryia began as he shivered roughly underneath the covers. "I might have been hit with something while I was out patrolling."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Hit by what? A quirk?" Bakugo questioned him as he felt anger and concern fill him.

"It was the guy I was chasing after. I didn't think much of it because I didn't know what his quirk was. Besides it barely grazed me."

"You are such a dumbass Deku! You didn't care to say any of this sooner?!"

"I didn't think it would get this bad." Midoryia replied back. His eye lids began to grow heavy as he was talking. "I-I wasn't sure.. if he even caused... this..."

Midoryia's eyes began to close as he finished his sentence. Bakugo quickly jumped into action as he shook his shoulders. "Deku, stay awake, okay?"

"Oh...Kay."

"We're going to take you to the hospital, just keep your eyes open for me." Bakugo said as he scooped Midoryia up out of the bed. Midoryia's head lolled to the side as he tried to focus on staying conscious.

Bakugo practically kicked down the front door as he hurried outside to his car. He strapped Midoryia into the front seat before quickly getting in on the other side. By the time the car was started Midoryia's eyes were shut.

"Deku?" Bakugo said as he drove off from the apartment complex. There was no response. "Deku, wake the fuck up!"

Midoryia remained slumped against the window. His breathing coming out shaky as his body continued to shiver.

"Fuck." Bakugo growled as he zoomed down the street. The hospital wasn't very far from them. Midoryia just had to hold on a little longer.