FIVE

Shota had never seen you so stressed before

Shota had never seen you so stressed before. You were pacing from one end of the backyard to the other, frantically decorating the yard for Midnight's surprise party. It was being held at Hizashi's house because he wants to put his pool to good use, and DJ for the party of course. You were attaching streamers with haste, trying to make everything look perfect.

"Y/n, you don't have to hurry so much," Shota said walking towards you.

You shook your head and continued your quick pace.

"Shota I'm not even dressed yet and the party is in two hours. Plus I have to pick up the cake and-"

He cut you off, gently taking the streamers from your hand.

"You look fine, and two hours is plenty of time to finish."

You looked down at your hoodie and shorts. Your hair was tied up messily and your dark circles were bright from late nights of painting.

"Shota, I look like death."

Frankly, he couldn't care less. It was refreshing for him to see you out of your work clothes. While he adored seeing you in your classic flowy skirt, blouse, and smock, his eyes practically bugged out of his head when he saw you wearing skinny jeans and a crop top the day before. Something about how calm and unbothered you looked was so incredibly attractive to him.

He gave you a soft smile.

"You brought your stuff to get ready right?"

You nodded, gesturing to the bag sitting inside Hizashi's home.

"Go get ready, I'll pick up the cake and finish up here. We're almost done anyway, and besides, we're almost done."

You sighed, pulling him into a tight hug.

"You're actually the best. You know that right?" You looked up at him, your chin resting on his chest. He let go of you, quickly trying to hide his blush.

"It's nothing, now go get ready," He gave you another small smile as you skipped inside to go get ready.

He sighed, continuing to put up the streamers, this time with a bit more speed. The house was empty except for the two of you. Hizashi had to finish his shift at the radio station before he could pick up Midnight and bring her to the party. So, for now, it was just the two of you until the other party attendees showed up.

Once Shota had finished setting up the yard, he pulled out his phone to check the time.

"Shit!" He hurried inside to grab his keys, only an hour left before people would start showing up. The bakery shop was 25 minutes away, so he needed to hurry. He was running through the house when he came to a halt. You were singing. He could hear it above the sound of the shower you were taking.

Slowly, he leaned his head against the wall, smiling to himself hearing your melodic voice. He heard the shower shut off and pulled away quickly. He began to walk off when you peeped your head out.