Chapter 7: The Orc Lord Part II

"Where did you see her?! Which way did she head?!" the young master frantically asked Rigur. Rigur panicked, looking to Rimuru for help. Rimuru simply looked away, letting Rigur handle the desperate red-haired ogre.

"We met her when we were hunting in the south. I didn't ask her where she was going and we left first, so I don't know which direction she went." If Rigur had known that they were looking for her, he would've insisted more on bringing her back to the village. Maybe the important thing she was looking for was this group of ogres in front of him. He berated himself mentally. How did he not make the connection between the ogre attack and a lone, wandering ogre in the forest?

"I'm going south to look for her," the young master said, letting go of Rigur and turning around to head back to the edge of the village.

"Wait!" Rimuru shouted, stopping the determined red-haired ogre and the other ogres who clearly were ready to head out as well after hearing that their Little Blue had been spotted. "Even if you head out now, you don't know which direction she went. It's dark in the forest so you could walk by her without even knowing. I'll go look with you tomorrow morning, but for tonight just stay and eat."

"We'll just keep calling for her," the young master said stubbornly. Rimuru sighed.

"You mean you're going to call for her and attract all sorts of nocturnal monsters to you? You ogres may be strong, but it's reckless to charge into a dark forest and ask for trouble." The red-haired young master said nothing, but he had to acknowledge that Rimuru was speaking with reason. After a few more moments of thought, he finally turned back to Rimuru and Rigur, letting out a sigh as he nodded.

"You speak reasonably," he said calmly. "I will search tomorrow." After all, the ogres had at least gotten confirmation that their precious Little Blue was alive. That was enough to ease their worries. Little Blue survived the massacre at their village; there was no way she would die to anything less now.

~~~

At the crack of dawn, the blue-haired ogre girl had been woken up from her nightmare to the shaking of the tree. Quickly grabbing her claymore off the branch beside her, she climbed up higher on the tree, hoping that a vertical advantage would be enough for her to safely escape or fight. What she saw made her eyes blaze with rage. A small army of orcs, about 100 or so of those pigs, had followed her from that goblin village she had accidentally led them to. Perhaps they thought this measly army could take care of a single ogre. Half of her rage was from seeing the orcs and the other half was from them underestimating her.

Confident that she could take the army of 100 orcs on, she began her descent from the tree, easily jumping from branch to branch as if she was on flat ground, until she was on a branch that was just a bit higher off the ground than the orcs that were stopped in front of her.

"Trample all!" they declared as they faced the blue-haired ogre. She swung off the branch, drawing her claymore as she faced the pigs with determination. She would bring down all the orcs she came across to avenge her village.

"Come at me if you think you can," she said as she drew in the water around her and readied her sword. Without another second, she launched herself toward the army who braced themselves to fight.

The army pigs would die a slow, painful death today.

~~~

"Rimuru-sama!" Rigurd shouted across the village. The ogres groggily poked their heads out their little hut, watching as Rigurd raced towards Rimuru's tent in a panic. The ogres quickly rubbed the sleep out of their eyes and made to follow the large, muscular goblin. Was it the orcs? Had they made it to this village already?