3: Oops, You Didn't Want Eavesdroppers?

Previously:

Luke POV

We have to go to school now. Great, I thought as I walked toward the Poseidon cabin. I get to do homework, and leave most of my friends for the entire school year! A sudden thought occurred to me as I passed the Zeus cabin. Brianna! Oh no. She was going to murder me! I climbed up the steps to the temple-like building.

Currently:

"Bri?" I knocked on the door. "You in there?"

"No!" her voice called.

"Then where are you?"

"Look up."

I complied, but didn't see anything.

"Turn around."

I did what she said, and suddenly, my feet were lifted off the ground and I felt someone's hands around my waist. I may have screamed, but that's not the point. Next thing I knew, I was sitting on the roof.

"Don't do that!" I shrieked.

"You know you love it," she whispered, her blond hair tickling my face.

I laughed. "Yes. I do."

She kissed me, sending an electric shock all the way to my toes. Not literally, though she could have.

"H-hey, Brianna?"

"I already know about the whole 'school' thing."

"What?"

"Honestly, who leaves their window open if they don't want eavesdroppers?"

I didn't think that anybody ever wanted eavesdroppers, but I decided not to point that out.

"Anyway, we're going to act like you're not leaving, okay?"

"Okay."

"So, I discovered something."

Before I could even open my mouth, she leaped off the roof.

"Come on!" Brianna shouted. I huffed, then picked my way down the ladder, into the cabin. Honestly, not all of us can fly!

I ran out the door, and she grabbed my hand. I was dragged into the woods, trying to keep up with Brianna.

"Isn't this the same path to Bunker 9?" I asked.

"Yeah."

The Hephaestus cabin's workshop didn't use to have a path leading to it, but we decided to make a trail. And by that, I mean that the dryads forced us to. Man, that was a scary summer.

I almost didn't notice that Brianna stopped. I snapped back to reality, and realized that we were right in front of Bunker 9. Without warning (again), the daughter of Zeus flew me up to the top of the cliff. I tried not to scream, or at least not to fall. I succeeded at one of those. Finally, we arrived at the top of the huge chunk of limestone and I gasped.

"It's so cool, isn't it?" Brianna smiled.

"Cool" was one way to put it. In front of me, right on top of Bunker 9, was. . .

TO BE CONTINUED!

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in, like a bazillion years.