11: My New Bedroom

My first thought was: wow. My second? Is this even a room? My "room" looked more like a well-tended jungle than a bedroom. The floor seemed to be made of soil with vines covering the walkways and flowers planted along the edges. I reached towards a plant I didn't recognize, but when my hand was about six inches away from touching it, it snapped at me and I gasped. "A dionaea muscipula," I whispered, fascinated. 

"Speak English!" a voice said through some type of speakers. A voice that sounded a lot like... 

"Liam!" I heard a second voice, Lana's, say. "You idiot, now she knows what we did!" I could practically hear her rolling her eyes.

"Right..." he muttered. "Oops!" The speakers crackled off.

"What in the name of Demeter did those morons do?!" I grumbled before turning my attention back to the plant. "Wait... if this is a Venus flytrap, I just shortened its lifespan by making it move!"

Then I noticed a piece of paper next to it. I picked it up and read it.

It said:

Dear Maia,

Despite the fact it seems like we don't care at all, your godly ancestors are always watching you. That sounded a little creepy. Well, I'm watching you. Hermes is too busy whispering prank ideas into your siblings' dreams. Anyways, I know that the Venus Flytrap is your favorite plant. She got that right. All I wanted for my eighth birthday was my own one of these carnivorous plants. As you know, each time one of them moves, it typically brings them closer to death. So I gave you this one, blessed with immortality. It can understand you and will interact with you.

 Sincerely,          

Demeter

Wow. I'd always wanted a Venus Flytrap, a pet, or an omen from Demeter. Little did I know that they'd all come as one thing. 

"So... I guess you can hear me?"

The plant made a motion like nodding.

"Should I give you a name?"

It nodded again. The only names I could think of were my friends'... and fictional characters'.

"How about... Heather?"

It tilted to the side as if considering this. Then it nodded a third time. 

I stayed there talking with my plant (wow, even I never thought I'd say that) for about a half an hour. Then I went to explore my room.

Another update! *confetti*

(Published November 20th)