9: Zoë's Dagger Is a Bully.

(Luke POV)

Hamilton is great, and all, but the drive was soooooooo long! When we finally got to our block, I was one of the first ones out. I practically sprinted to the Jackson house, and when I got there, I heard an argument.

"We didn't know!" said an unfamiliar voice.

"You should! How could you not!" my mom demanded.

I was slightly confused on who was in our house, but before I could find out, a voice next to me said: "Oh, gods, I knew that this wouldn't go well." I turned around to face the speaker, and saw a person dressed in pink and green. I wasn't sure if they were a girl or a boy.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Alex Fierro," the person said. "And I'm female. Right now." I decided not to ask. "I've got to go in there to stop my husband from getting killed by his cousin."

"Wait a second. Who's his cousin?"

"Annabeth," she told me.

"That's my mom!" I said.

"Oh!" Alex. "Well, I guess that makes me your aunt."

She then pushed the door open, and walked into the house. I followed, not having much choice. When I got inside, I saw a man with long blonde hair and gray eyes like my mom's sitting on the couch, next to a boy- no, girl- no, person about thirteen years old, whose eyes were also gray. The kid also had dark hair. Mom, sitting across from him, looked annoyed, and the stranger looked nervous. I cleared my throat.

"Hi, mom."

"Luke!" she got up and hugged me as Ethan walked in.

"Who are they?" he asked, eyeing Alex and the others.

"Yeah," I said, squirming out of the hug. "Who?"

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "You haven't met them yet. This is my cousin, Magnus" she gestured to the man "and Alex." She nodded to the girl. "Oh, and their child, Jessie. They're non-binary." 'Jessie' raised a hand.

"Who are you?" they asked.

"I'm Luke," I said at the exact same time as Ethan introduced himself. We looked at each other.

"I said it first!" he shouted.

"No, it was obviously me!" I argued.

"BOYS!" my mom said. "STOP. FIGHTING!"

We stopped.

"Hey," Magnus looked at my mom. "Didn't you have a daughter?"

"Yeah." Mom frowned. "Where's Zoë?"

As if on cue, my sister ran through the door. "Hey, everybody. What'd I miss?" (Virginia, you're my home, sweet home, I wanna give you a kiss.) We filled her in on the situation.

"Why did you take so long?" Jessie asked.

"I ran into this mortal who got super suspicious because I was using my powers to make my water float into my mouth."

"Why would you do that?" said a voice from nowhere. I looked around, and realized that Magnus's sword was glowing.

"Jack, we told you to stay quiet!" Jessie scolded... the sword?

"Excuse me, do you have a talking sword?!" Zoë asked.

"I'n not just a talking sword!" The talking sword went quiet for a second. "And your dagger is a big bully!"

"Moving on..." Ethan said. "What's for dinner?"