Chapter Nine

Jason awoke alone in bed.  

God, everything hurts.  

Taking a shallow breath he rolled to his side, took another breath and levered himself to a sitting position, swinging his cast to the floor. A roil of nausea had him hanging his head and swallowing convulsively.  

"Lily?" he spoke her name in the silence of his room and looked at the closed door.  

"Shit." 

He hobbled into the bathroom and relieved himself, washed his face and hands, brushed his teeth. His pain meds were in the kitchen. He just had to haul this aching body as far as the kitchen. He pulled a clean t-shirt over his head on his way back through the bedroom. Glancing around he saw no sign of Lily or the girls, nothing that said last night had been real. Opening the door, he walked out into the living room, relaxing into a shower of girly laughter and the smell of pancakes and bacon.  

Grabbing the back of the couch for a little support, he took another shallow breath, relaxing his face muscle by muscle until he could show them he was fine. When he straightened, there she was leaning in the arched doorway leading to the kitchen. He started with her bare feet, the elegant French pedicure she preferred, slim ankles crossed, shapely calves, a babydoll dress made of some soft material floated between knee and breast, the color of faded sunflowers. Her beautiful breasts cupped perfectly by the smocked top and halter ties, that sensitive neck and those plush lips, mysterious coffee eyes and an arched brow as she judged his leisurely survey.  

"Good morning, little girl." 

Lily straightened and silently closed the space between them. "You look terrible." 

"I feel like an old man." 

"You are an old man." 

"One of these days I'm going to make you take that back." 

"Oh? Something to look forward to then." 

"I've missed you," he said, watching her lips press together at his words. 

A round of laughter bubbled out of the kitchen, popping around them. 

"Your dad is wonderful. He did not even bat an eyelash when he walked into the kitchen this morning and found us scrounging in your cupboards. He vetoed cereal and said you were on a strict protein and pancake diet to regain your strength." Lily glanced out the windows of the living room, "He's let them stir and add chocolate chips and even turn the bacon." 

Jason smiled at her. 

She shook her head, "Is Colorado where all the men like you two hide out?" 

"You mean normal men?" he asked, sliding his hand under her hair and around the back of her neck.  

She laid a gentle hand in the middle of his chest, leaned closer as he lowered his mouth within a breath of hers.  

"I don't think you're well enough to finish anything you might start by kissing me," she said. She moved her lips a bare millimeter and they brushed across his as she continued, "You fell asleep last night while my hand was wrapped around that lovely cock of yours. Snored, even. What do you have to say for yourself, Mr. Christenson?" 

"You were too tired, Miss Ames. I'd never take advantage." 

"Never?" 

"Well, not in mixed company." 

Lily pushed up on her toes, pressing her lips to his, her tongue teasing his lower lip, then slipping between his teeth, trying to stroke his. 

Catching her chin in his hand he pushed his own tongue past hers, sweeping across the edge of her teeth, tasting chocolate and maple syrup. She eased her hips forward against his stomach, pausing at the lack of erection rubbing against her belly. She leaned back, set her fingers against his mouth as he followed her.