~ Chapter Three ~

James's POV

James's POV

As I hold Lottie's hand I turn to her and ask for her address, once she's given me it I help into my truck as she's to small to reach the step, not that I mind anyway I love having her in my arms. When I've buckled her in after squeezing her hip I slam the door and jog round to the driver's side after buckling myself in I pull out the car park, 5 minutes into the ride I turn the radio and a hear Lottie humming along to it she notices me watching her and goes red in embarrassment "Why'd you stop baby" I ask her grabbing her hand and resting our linked hands on my thigh. "I-I-I was embarrassed J-James" She stammers out. I just chuckle and shake my head. It is crazy how much this small angel has changed me in the span of less than 24 hours, after a comfortable ride I pull up in front of a large house.

"Were here baby" I state as she turns to me with a pout on her lips

"What's wrong angel" I question while cupping her jaw "I don't w-w-want to leave you yet J-James" she says, "Your my f-f-first friend and I'll mis-s-s y-you" she whispers quietly

I shake my head "No baby I'll pick you up tomorrow and pick you up" an idea comes to my mind "Baby what's your phone number" I ask already getting out my phone, she looks away in embarrassment "i-i-I don't have o-one" She confessed "M-mama and pop s-s-say that there to dangerous for someone my age to have" wonder what her parents are like I thought.

"That's ok baby" I said with a comforting smile "do you have a house phone" she nodded enthusiastically

"ok take my number and ring it if you want to talk" I said while writing my number on a scrap piece of paper. She squeals and cuddles it to her chest.

After I help her out the truck and grab her backpack, I hold her hand and walk her to the door as soon as were there a lady opens the door and grabs Lottie and pulls her into a hug

"Darling how was your first day" she askes with a gentle tone behind her voice

My baby immediately tugs on my shirt and says "I-I made m-my f-f-first friend mama" she rushes out excitedly. I give a small smile towards Lottie's mum. She looks between us with a glint in her eyes.

"Why don't you join us for Dinner –" she askes

"It's James and I think I can join you" I answer. I can feel my heart beating faster shit I think, I hope her parents like me.

After Lottie tells her mum about her day and how we met her tiny hand pulls on mine

"what's wrong angel" I ask confused

"C-c-can you come to m-my room" she stutters out while biting her lip

I internally panic I look up to see her mum giving me a soft smile and subtle nod.

"Sure baby" I say causing her to give me the most breath-taking smile "Leave the door open sweetheart" her mum says causing me to snap out my haze. After Lottie shows me the rest of her house, she pulls me into her room giggling when she nearly trips up.