six.

THE LATE AFTERNOON SUN beat down upon Isla's skin, making her perspire in a matter of minutes after being outside. Not even the shade from within the Chateau's porch could protect her from the malicious rays of the sun.

She had been sprawled out on a flimsy wicker chair, smoking a pre-roll she snuck from JJ's pocket. It looked expensive, and when she tasted it, she realized she was correct.

JJ had yet to notice that it was his joint that was between Isla's fingers.

John B stood a few feet from her, toying with an empty beer bottle out of boredom. His face and back were covered with sweat, not that it was surprising. It was so goddamn hot out today.

Kiara fanned herself with an old newspaper that had never been opened, while JJ flipped his zippo between his fingers. He muttered incoherent strings of words to himself as his eyes were trained on his lighter. He looked up for a moment, his gaze going from John B, then to Kie, then to Isla. His brows furrowed curiously as he looked at the joint in her hand. He knew he smelled weed. "Hey," JJ croaked, his voice scratchy from the lack of water his body so desperately craved. "When'd you roll that?"

Isla looked at JJ, a single brow raised and a sly grin on her face. She took another drag, holding the joint between her index and middle finger as the bright cherry burned against the paper. She ashed the joint slightly against the chair arm before propping her elbow up against her weight. "Pre-roll." She flashed her eyes wickedly, quirking the end of her lip up into a smirk as the boy's confused look dropped from his face. His hands immediately went to shake down his shorts pockets, searching for his pre-roll that was no longer inside.

His head slowly moved up to look at Isla. Then to the joint. "You didn't."

The blonde girl smiled, puffing once more as she held eye contact. "I did." Isla saw how his eyes darkened in anger, and the smirk slowly faltered. She suddenly didn't feel as confident as before. She heard John B mutter an 'oh shit' just as JJ started to stand up from the couch.

She heard the porch door open, and the girl looked over to see John B with his fingers resting on the handle. "Run." He said simply, and the girl booked it, joint still in hand. She lunged from her seat, practically diving off of the porch. Kiara cheered her friend on, calling out a few whoops as she watched the blonde run. You could practically see the tail tucked between her legs in fear.

She heard stomping after her, no doubt coming from JJ's combat boots. "I'm gonna kill you!" JJ hollered from close behind her, and the girl laughed into the summer air. Her feet pounded against the ground as she ran as fast as she could, praying that she would somehow lose JJ. She turned a sharp corner behind the house, straining her ears to listen for the loud footsteps of JJ. He tailed after her, cutting across the grass to try and catch up to her faster.

Isla looked over her shoulder to see JJ still close as ever, and the girl pushed herself to run faster. "That roll was 60 bucks, you bitch!"

The two had run laps upon laps around the Chateau, and were both too caught up to realize Pope had driven up. Isla narrowly dodged Pope as he walked up to the porch, and he cursed as he tripped over his own feet. JJ accidentally shoved past him, making the boy tumble even more. "Sorry, Pope!"

"What the hell?" The boy screeched, looking to John B for an answer. The brunette held the porch door open for his friend as he climbed up the stairs. "Pun stole a pre-roll. She's screwed."

Realization spread across Pope's face. He patted John's shoulder. "That she is," he laughed, walking over to the couch where Kie sat. He did his Pogue handshake with her before sitting down. "How long has this been going on for?" He asked, readjusting his hat. He watched as Isla and JJ ran like madman and woman around the property.