Chapter 1 - The Crossover

??? - "Y/n! You better come down stairs and eat breakfast before leaving for school!"

Y/n - "Of course mom! You tell me this everyday like I don't know..!"

After checking myself out in the mirror to make sure I was properly dressed for the day one last time I then head down the steps making my way into the kitchen where mom was fixing to leave to go to work. Mom comes over giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Mom - "Now make sure -"

Pausing her in mid-sentence.

Y/n - "Ugh..Mom!....I know..."

Mom - "I know you know. I just want my baby to be fine is all."

She gives me tons of kisses on both of my cheeks irritating my mood even more.

Y/n - "Mom! Stop! You don't have to baby me you know? I'm 16 years old! I can take care of myself!"

Mom - "Oh well see about that now won't we? I'll be gone for a week due to work. I want you to keep the house in shape while I'm gone."

Y/n - "Yeah yeah I know the drill. Go on! Go to work before you make us both late."

Mom - "Okay honey I love you and have a great week."

Y/n - "K. Love you too. Bye."

Mom - "It's never goodbye! It's see you later! Remember? We've talked about thi-"

Y/n - "Whaaatever mom."

Mom - "Alright kiddo! Whaaatever then. See you in a week!"

Y/n - "Yeah see ya."

I waved to mom as I'm finishing up my breakfast as she exits the house for work. I clean up the mess mom left behind for me to clean, get my bag, use the keys to lock the house door, and then start heading to school.

The relationship between my mom and I have been complicated. Ever since my dad died and my older sister left things have been slow for us. At first she couldn't even dare to look at me since I looked so much like him. Doing so created a barrier between us. When she realized what she was doing she changed herself for me to trust her again. Trust isn't so easily given. It's earned and she had a long way to go before she could completely have my trust again. I'll admit she's been working hard to gain it back, but there's still a part of me that doesn't believe she really wants it more than just not wanting to publicly look bad in front of other mothers, but I am gradually taking my time to appreciate her efforts. I know how hard she's trying to win back the little girl that she drove away, but she sometimes forgets that I'm not little anymore. I'm 16! And still growing! Pushing away the thoughts I make it to school.

(Coming home from school)

I make my way to the house door, grab my keys, unlock the door, and slowly walk inside to plop myself on the couch to rest whatever's restless.

I decide to not eat since my stomach wasn't feeling up for it, so I take a warm shower, do some homework, and then head to bed in hope's of a good night's sleep.

I click off the lights and close my eyes. I slowly drift into my subconsciousness with my body finally feeling the relief of rest that it hasn't had for the past few months. I've been having trouble sleeping due to dreaming of something weird everytime; scaring me awake. I couldn't find the root cause of it all, but I didn't want to get it checked out since it wasn't physically hurting me. Well until now that is. Plus I didn't want to tell mom I've been having nightmares. That would only add on to how she coddles me like a helpless child. That'd be adding more fuel to the fire if I were to tell her and despite the painful headaches I decided to ignore the pain rather than tell her my situation. It's worth the risk to be honest, but the times when I'm having extreme measures of pain is when I start to doubt myself if it really is worth it. Pushing my thoughts aside; I drift off to sleep.