3-𝔇𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔯

Dinner never goes well

SCARLETTE

I headed down the large grand staircase and heard many voices coming from what looked like a dining area. As I headed there I was able to also make out some of the sentences.

"So we have to sit with her at school too!"

"shut up Luca, nobody cares about your reputation at school"

"How did she look like, Flavio?"

"Is she mad at us"

"Frankly I don't care what she thinks"

"We all know that's a lie Xavier"

"guys shut up I think she's coming"

That definitely shut them up.

I continued down the stairs and took in a breath. No pressure. I had to admit I was a little nervous I mean I was seeing all of them after 11 years, but I was definitely gonna run things.

    I walked into the dining room and just stood there observing them. There was shock evident on their faces. I'm not sure if it was because of the tattoos on my arms or the way I dress not to mention my nose ring, and no I'm not goth in any way shape, or form I just have good style in my own way.

All of them looked tall and could easily tower my 5'6 height. They were kind of intimidating but so was I...so I guess it runs in the family. They all had grey eyes like me and my looks blended in easily with them, making us look like a family. I counted all 5 of them. Some of their hair was curly some were straight and their hair colors were dark brown, brown, and black. I remembered all of them even though I wished I could forget. There was Flavio, Chris, Xavier, Jace, and Luca.

   I sat at the head of the dining table and just started humming. I'm not bothering to talk to any of them.

Then I hear one of them clear their throat but it's not Flavio this time. It was from Chris.

"How do you like the house so far", he asked.

I turned my head and just stare at him.

I heard scoffs from the rest of them clearly not taking my ignorance directed towards them well.

"answer him", Flavio barks.

More silence. The tension in this room was suffocating at this point.

"Listen here, I took it easy on you earlier but we have rules in this house," Flavio says demanding.

Then one of them threw me a list.

RULES

1. Don't talk back and speak when you're spoken to

2. Excell at school

3. No boys

4. Respect your brothers

5. No cursing

6. Always go to bed at 9:00

7. Eat all food provided

8. Always be on time to family meetings and school

9. Don't leave the house without permission

10.  Never go to the Basement

seriously.

I'm probably gonna break most of these rules and why can't I go to the basement?