Chapter 1: World of Swords

~~3'rd Person POV~~

Sitting in his room is Y/n L/n, a young boy by the age of 14 who enjoys playing video games. His parents are constantly stuck at work causing them to leave in the early mornings and come back sometime around after dinner. This left Y/n able tp get breakfast by himself before school and make dinner. As a means to apologize for being absent they gave him a NerveGear along with beat testing for the first VRMMO. Once the beta test was finished, like all beta testers he was able to pre-order the game. Currently sitting in his room playing an older rpg game on his computer that came out in 2011 to pass the time until the full SAO game started at 1:00. Glancing up to the clock he took notice of the time. It was 5 minutes to 1 meaning it was time to log in. Saving his game and exiting the game before turning off his computer he placed the helmet-like NerveGear on his head, plugged everything in and loaded up the game. Laying down on his bed and making sure everything was ready he waited as the time switched to 1:00.

Y/n: "Link start!"

a bright flash of white light enveloped Y/n's vision as a bunch of lights flew past him before it checked the 5 senses were working in before the language select  appeared. He selected Japanese before the log-in screen came up. Logging in the Character Creation came up and showed that the Beta test data was available. Pressing  'Yes' the words in bold came up: Welcome to Sword Art Online! Being teleported on Floor 1 int he Town of Beginnings, Y/n adjusted to the new VR environment. Many other players were also logging in, some were beta testers and others were people who just bought the game. Y/n looked up at the sky and the city.

Y/n: "I'm back world, miss me?"

~~Y/n's POV~~

The world was breathtaking. From the amount of time and effort it took into making this place is amazing. Weaving through the other players who were gawking at the marvel of the place I started down the market street. Players were examining the stalls, taking in the designs of the different weapons but unable to buy anything due to not having the funds, forming early parties and conversing with each other. I was never really any good at makings friends, in game or in real life so I just walked past them, bumping into someone.

U/n: "Ah! I'm so sorry!"

???: "Hey, it's all cool."

That voice sounded familiar.

U/n/???: "Hang on..."

U/n/Kirito: "Kirito/U/n?"

Me and Kirito ended up meeting up many times during the beta test.

Kirito: "Hey you made it!"

U/n: "I mean yeah. Exams are coming up but I think I got it."

Kirito: "Do you want to come with me? For old times sake?"

U/n: "Sure, let's go!"

We both ran down a shortcut to get out of the city to go out into the field. 

???: "Hey, you there!"

Turning around we both saw a guy with long red hair along with a bandana wrapped around his head.

Kirito: "Us?"

The man caught up with us and was gasping for his breath.

???: "You two move around like you've been here before. You two were in the beta test, right?"

U/n: "Y-Yeah."

???: "Today's my first day. Show me the basics, okay?"

The man moved over to us and placed a hand on our shoulders.