Chapter 5: Off To Three

~~Y/n's POV~~

Today marks the thirty-eight day that we were trapped in this game of death. The strongest players in the game, who are also known as the "front-line players" including me, Kirito, and Asuna who are all in a party, have finally progressed further in the labyrinth tower, filled to the brim with massive bull-men. But fighting them all off, the entire raid party stopped and rested at the boss door, awaiting briefing on the raid.

U/n: "S-So uh... What were the two of you up to up until now?..."

Kirito: "Well me and Asuna stopped a blacksmith scamming people of their weapons."

U/n: "Eh?..."

Asuna: "Well I wouldn't say that WE did it, it was mainly you."

Kirito: "Yeah well you helped out. The enchantment, even with being 97% successful, failed and the weapon was next to useless. Asuna tried this and failed. I overheard the blacksmith speaking to his friends and heard about the whole plot to steal powerful players weapons to use with their own party."

Asuna: "And it was about that time that he barged into my room at the inn when I was out of my armor."

Kirito: "Again I'm so sorry..."

U/n: "So I guess you stopped it?..."

Kirito: "Of course. We both spoke to him about it. Anyway umm... What's with that Katana?..."

Kirito said as he was looking at the katana hanging down from my waist.

U/n: "O-Oh uh this?... Um... W-Well.... I-I found a o-one time event quest... I-It was on the very west s-side of the floor."

Asuna: "Interesting..."

Kirito: "What was the quest about?..."

U/n: "Um... D-Delivering a shipment of potions to the old woman that lives in the small cottage over there...."

Kirito: "Hmm... I don't remember seeing that in the beta... Must be last minute add-in."

The two thankfully dismissed it as I let out a sigh of relief. I heard the heavy footsteps of a familiar friend from the floor 1 boss fight approach behind me. Ever since yesterday, I spent the rest of the day leveling up my detection skill as to hope to not get caught off guard again and hopefully see who spoke to me that day.

Agil: "Hey you three, glad to see you all again." 

U/n: "H-Heya Agil. How have you been?"

Agil: "I've been good. I hear the two of you had paired up. Congratulations."

U/n: "Huh? Kirito, Asuna? You two are dating?... Why didn't you just say so?..."

Both Asuna and Kirito's faces got a faint red blush along their cheeks.

Kirito: "Um... W-We're..."

Asuna: "We're not a pair. It's just a temporary partnership. Nice to see you too, Agil."

U/n: "Oh..." *Mutters* "Gonna need to do something..."

Kirito: "What was that?"

U/n: "N-Nothing!"

Agil: "Hmm. Anyway I had something I wanted to ask the three of you. There are three people total in my party, so why don't you two join my group?"

Kirito: "That very generous of you, but are you sure? Given my standing I..."

Both me and Asuna sighed while Agil shrugged his shoulders.

Agil: "What do they call you, a beater? It's only a small percent of people who actually do call you that. In fact, we actually have our own nickname for you."