Chapter 4: Don't Anger The Bull

~~Y/n's POV~~

Turns out that quest to break the rock was well worth it. I got an Extra Skill called Martial Arts, and thankfully the NPC erased my whiskers. The Martial Arts skill is as straight foreward as the name implies. It's a skill that allows you to use some skills without having to use a weapon. Perfect for if you're out on the field and your weapon would break. 

It's currently the ninth day after the first boss raid, thirty-seven days since the death game started.  I managed to grab a bunch of levels and started to go looking for the village called Marome. It's a small village about three kilometers southeast of Urbus that has a bunch of shops with just about the same stuff but no blacksmith. It's also the village in front of the Labyrinth. On my wya I saw a large field and letting curiosity get the better of me, I decided to venture on to the field. I felt the ground shake as the should of something massive charge at me. I jumped out of the way from a giant bull creature charge past me. Two Health-bars appeared above the bull's head with a name. Bullbous Bow. Field bosses either are guarding the Labyrinth or somewhere on the field hinting on the location to the dungeon. But they aren't meant to respawn, and from what I heard, this bull had already been defeated by a guy by the name of Lind. 

I took out my short-sword and got into a fighting stance, circling around the boss as it stared me down. Snorting, the boss charged at me, I waited for the last moment before I jumped into a dive while spinning to slash at the bull's back before landing with a roll before quickly turning around. The bull charged a me again but this time I spin out of the way on my knees and slashed at the boss's side. I saw these both took out half of the boss's first health bar which meant one of two things. One being I'm some levels higher than the boss or two, the boss is weaker than from the original fight. For the third time, the boss charged. I blocked with my sword as it slowly started pushing me back. Redirecting the heavy freight train of a bull's head towards the ground I pushed as the head hit the ground putting it in a daze which allowed me to slice away. Once I was down to the last health bar, the boss's attack pattern suddenly changed even though its health was only in the yellow. The bull now charged in a serpentine movement.

U/n: 'Is this a bug in the game?'

Due to the now unpredictable attacks I didn't have a chance to dodge as I was hit int he back by the bull, the four horns on the head pierced my digital flesh and sent me flying into a tree.

U/n: "You know, I'm suddenly more thankful that this is a game and not real life... Cause that would break both my back but also lungs."

I stood up as I pulled out a healing potion and quickly drank it as my health came back from barely into the red  and back into the green.

U/n: "hookay... New pla--"

I rolled out of the way of the bull's charge as it ran into a tree. Since the tree was an immortal object, the bull's attack just bounced off dazing it a little I went in for the attack and hopefully the kill. I got its health down to low red before the eyes glowed a bright red and rammed its head into my chest. I jumped far back, putting as much distance between that boss and me as possible. 

Taking a deep breath I readied my sword and took slow and steady breaths. Letting the Bullbous Bow make the first move as it just stood there getting ready to charge. Letting out a snort it started running at me. I brought my sword to where a samurai would bring out their sword as I readied a sword skill, waiting for the bull to get in close and strike. Once it got close, I parried the bull's attack and delivered a palm heel strike to the side of its head before delivering the final cut in its next. The bull exploded in a bunch of blue pixels as I slashed my blade in a 'x' before sheathing my sword.

???: "Yeah, you should definitely invest in a katana."

Quickly perking up my head I turned to face where the voice came from but only saw a head of lilac hair dash behind the tree from the forest outlining the village. Slowly approaching the tree I quickly moved around to the other side to find... nothing. There was no one there. I blinked my eyes a couple times. I saw that on my log from the boss drop that caused my eyes to widened.  

It was a katana named Kazeshini. Not a normal 'steel longsword' like the normal weapons from the first 5 floors and all the unique gear came from bosses. I mean I did technically slay a both but that was a glitch. Or was it? I quickly pressed the 'ok' button and went into my inventory and equipped the blade. A katana in a Saya (Scabbard) appeared in front of me. The Tsuba (hand guard) itself were four pieces of metal poking out about half an inch and were a black metal. The Tsuka (handle) was a red material wrapped in a black cloth. I pulled the blade out from the Saya and was amazed.

 I pulled the blade out from the Saya and was amazed

(A/n: The pic ain't mine! >:( )

I was amazed at the blade. The weapon's name Kazeshini translated to Wind of Death. A fitting name for the blade. Sheathing the weapon I looked around, unable to spot the origin of the voice and unable to see if the Field Boss would respawn again. Hopefully that thing was just a one time thing, cause if Field Bosses would respawn then that could call for trouble. Putting the Sageo around my belt I looked down at it. It would be bad news if anyone found out how I got this weapon. Let's just hope they can be fooled by '1 time event' and won't ask questions.

(A/n: Anyone curious, the Sageo is the piece of cord on the Saya which is the scabbard where Samurai could easily carry it on their uniform. Also sorry for this being a short chapter. This story was originally about one of the ocs I made for this, a shy yet smart mouth player with Zero self-confidence like me but I decided against making him full oc and as a reader. Again I apologize for that but in his story he got that very same katana by a either dumb luck or a glitch? (more further on the story) and this just fit well.