A Hole in Your Old Brown Overcoat

The cart pulled over at the entrance of a forest. Behind them, a frozen river laid still, separating the trees from the vast nothingness that spread on the other side. They had been driving for about six hours and, judging by the change in scenery, he guessed they were about halfway between Silverport and Frostwheel.

Eldon stepped out and was immediately hit by the chilly and unforgiving northern wind. He didn't mind. Gears of living in Slatehallow had made him rather fond of the cold. Tim, however, was used to the pleasant warmth of coastal Vanderport. Shivering from head to toe, he tried to act tough, but his chattering teeth made it clear he was failing.

Eldon giggled as he put his arms around Tim. "Cold?"

"What gave me away?" Tim replied, a shade of sweet annoyance in his voice.

"Come on, Timothy, my boy, this is an adventure!" Alder's voice came from behind the cart. His plump frame, covered in layers of wool, made him look like an overgrown sheep.

Tim drew a forced smile. "I'm all for adventure, but this goes beyond comfort."

His cheeks had turned red and his bright eyes seemed to be bluer than ever through the mist. Looking at the man in front of him, Eldon realized just how lucky he was to have Tim by his side. The warmth that had settled in his chest was enough to make him forget about the cold, and he had to stop himself from melting over Tim right then and there.

Oblivious of the fact that Eldon was falling in love with him all over again, Time kept on talking. "Couldn't you and Don Osgood find a less wild place to live?"

Master Nilla rolled her eyes. "This is where you were supposed to arrive. We had no choice but to stay in here. Believe me, Don Timothy, had we been given the opportunity, Osgood and I would've chosen a warmer place to wait for you."

"Nilla, dear, you have to understand." Eldon, still hugging Tim, swayed from side to side. "My Timmy isn't used to such hardship. He was born with a silver spoon up his ass."

Tim grunted. "And you weren't? You're rich too, you know?"

"Yes, but there's my kind of rich, and your kind of rich. And let's face it, baby boy: Your kind of money makes me look like a leper."

Mocking the offended expression on his lover's face, Eldon stood on his tiptoes, trying to reach Tim's lips. He finally found them, and their kiss send a wave of sparks throughout his body. Every time they kissed, Eldon felt as if it was the first time. He had yet to find a feeling superior to this one.

Master Nilla's voice made them come out of their intimate moment. "Let's go, let's go. We're losing daylight here!"

"Come on, don't frown," Eldon said as their lips separated. "I'll tell you something. When we're back, I'll do anything you want. Seriously, I'm talking dirty stuff."

Tim smirked. "How much dirtier can it get?"

Eldon bit his lip as his hands surrounded Tim's neck. "Oh boy. You're in for a ride."

********

Half an hour later, the four had make their way into the forest. With each step they took, the trees became taller and more imposing. The canopy above them allowed only the faintest glimmers of sunlight to come in, allowing the fog to spread and take control.

If it weren't for the numerous animals that ran past them, or fluttered above them, Eldon could've sworn that this forest was some place frozen in time, that existed outside of the normal world.

Master Nilla suddenly stopped, her eyes fixated on something straight ahead. The three men behind her did the same, and their eyes took a second before seeing what she saw. A small cabin stood in the middle of a clearing. Nilla took a few seconds before walking towards the small home, her eyes glassy with the memories of yesterday.