Part 2: Toxic surroundings

BRITTANYS POV

I have just woken up and I'm currently getting ready for work when I here a faint knock on my bedroom door, I whispered a faint come in so I didn't wake Beth. "Hey Britt, we need a word" Quinn says walking in. "Am I in trouble? You're using that tone you use with Beth when she's in trouble" I ramble, because when I'm nervous I tend to ramble on and talk way too much to avoid confrontation. "Well, I'm not sure Britt because when I was tucking Beth into bed last night she told me an interesting story about what happened yesterday at the ice cream shop" I see her eyebrow quirk. "W-w-well erm.." I stutter trying to come up with an excuse, I'm a very bad liar which I suppose is good and bad at the same time. "So, Beth said that you took her to get ice cream with one of her friends called Jack, and Jacks auntie went with you, apparently she was called Santa" I giggled at what Beth had told Quinn. "Yeah, it turns out Jacks auntie is the Latina from SanSnixxStudios, she's called Santana but Beth couldn't say her name" I chuckled. "Right, Beth said something about you punching somebody, what's all that about? I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I don't want Beth to see anything like that and I never thought it would be you exposing her to all the violence" Quinn sternly said to me. "Well normally, I can handle my temper but when we were sitting down and I was talking to Santana about her girlfriend and her girlfriend just showed up even though Santana asked for a break. She came up to us all like butter wouldn't melt basically saying she had been looking for her, she then called her nephew the wrong name and when he corrected her, she snapped at him. She then asked her if I was one of her sluts so I stood up for myself, saying if Beth wasn't there I would punch her and her girlfriend was being very possessive saying they had to go but when Santana refused she got angry and I told her to leave and to respect Santanas wishes and then she called me blondie and asked if I was stupid and I snapped. Beth knew it was coming too because I heard her say that she shouldn't of called me that and then after I punched her Beth said 'Told you so', then Santana broke up with her for good and told her to move out" I say to Quinn. "Wow, Beth missed some big details out huh. Well I'm not mad at you for punching her if she called you stupid but in the future if you could try and keep your violence to a minimum when around Beth please" Quinn asked. "Of course Q, it's just in that moment she riled me up so much and I snapped. I can't let people walk all over me anymore. It's happened far too many times and I'm not gonna let it happen again" I tell her. "Yeah I understand B, okay I'll let you get ready for work now. Maybe now Santa is single you could get with her" I giggled at the nickname she used for her. "I'm not sure that's a good idea Q, mixing business with pleasure sounds like a recipe for disaster and I find recipes confusing" Quinn let out a gigantic laugh which made me jump. "You're seriously comparing a potential confusing relationship to a recipe" She chuckled. "I don't understand what's funny" She just laughs and leaves the room as I continue getting ready.

At SanSnixxStudios

As I walk through the big double doors of the big music label, I notice all the people around me dressed in suits and nice pant suits and skirts while I'm dressed in sweats, a baggy shirt and pumps. I walk up to the main desk to be greeted with the same young boy as yesterday at the interview. "Hi Brittany" He said, god he remembered my name. "Hi" I say back to him. "Miss Lopez will be out in a second she's just dealing with a little business. I'm Tony. I'm the receptionist here. You're the new dance choreographer right?" He asked. "Yeah, can I ask what happened to the old dance choreographer?" I asked the young boy. "We never had one, you're the first. When Miss Lopez first started this company, it was only small and now its grown into this massive multi million dollar business that everyone knows about. Many artists she has signed in the past have asked her about music videos and dance choreography so she decided to build a studio and hire a dance choreographer which is you" He said to me. I was gobsmacked at this, knowing I was the first dance choreographer for this big company, I had a lot riding on this, if I get fired from this job, I may not get hired anywhere again. "Why me? I mean I am just about to graduate college. Surely she'd want somebody with more experience" I asked him. "Well we have all heard that you attend Juilliard so we know that you have to be amazing at dance so it doesn't matter how old you are in Miss Lopez's eyes if you have the talent she will make sure you work for this company. She may not seem like she wants you to work here because she can be harsh and nasty, she fires at least 2 people a week to keep people on their toes" He said. I take a gulp.