Part 4: All part of the plan

SANTANAS POV

Its been a couple days since I spoke to the police about Vanessa and so far I've heard nothing back, they just keep saying that they're working on it but I know they don't believe me when I told them what she did to me and I don't blame them. There is no evidence. I'm currently at work sorting through piles of paperwork for a new client I have just signed when there was a knock at the door. "Come in" I called coldly as I really didn't want to be disturbed but it was probably Becca wanting to know where to put some more of the paperwork as my desk is full and there is no more space for anything. The door creaks open and I keep my eyes on my work as I wait for them to speak but there was silence for a few seconds so I decide to speak up. "Seriously Becca, what do you want? I'm really busy and I've told you before that you don't have to ask for permission to use the bathroom" I spit as I squiggle my signature on more pieces of paper. "Wow Santana! You actually have an aggressive side? Why didn't you show that when we dated? It's really hot" They say with a smirk on their face. When I realised who it was I was frozen with fear and she knew it too. "Vanessa, w-w-what are you d-doing here?" I stuttered. "I've come to talk to you" She said innocently. "I don't want to hear any of it. We broke up. How did you get past security?" I asked. "It's not hard baby, they really suck" She giggled. "I'm not your baby. I would like you to leave please" I asked her nicely. "But we haven't talked about what I wanted to talk about" She said through gritted teeth. "Look I'm not interested" I spat. "Oh, I think you find you will be. This involves Blondie" I shot my head at her and she had a sly grin spread across her face. "W-what? What do you mean?" I asked as calmly as possible. "You listen to me and you listen good because I'm only going to say this once. You are going to leave blondie alone and come back to me. We are going to announce that we are going to get married and live happily ever after whether you like it or not" She spat. "And if I refuse?" I asked hesitantly. "Brittany will get hurt, and I'm not just talking about a little slap. She will be almost beaten to death" She replies with a smug smile. I huffed out in defeat. But before I can answer her my office door opens.

"Hey Santan- What are you doing here?" Quinn huffed as she saw Vanessa standing there. "What's it look like?" Vanessa spat. "Leave. NOW!" Quinn growled. I've never seen her this angry. "You're not the boss of this company, I'm trying to have a conversation with Santana. Think about what I said Santana" Vanessa says as she smirks at me. She walks out the room and makes her way out of the building.

"What was that about?" Quinn questioned with her brows raised. "She came here to try and persuade me to drop the charges but I said no" I lied. I wasn't going to tell her what she really said, I wasn't going to tell her I was actually considering taking the offer to protect Brittany. "Why are you lying Santana?" Quinn asked me straight up. "I-I-I'm not lying" I stuttered. "I was standing outside the door for long enough Santana, I heard everything" Quinn told me. I huffed and sighed in defeat. "Fine, she wants me to get back with her and she said if I don't she will hurt Brittany" I choked. "I knew you were lying. I wasn't standing outside but I knew she wouldn't come here just for that. What are you gonna do?" She asked compassionately. "There's not much I can do. I have to get back with her. Not for me but for Brittany. Brittany has done so much for me and it's time for me to repay the favour" I told Quinn. "Santana, don't be so silly. If you do this Britt will be crushed. I don't know if she will ever forgive you" Quinn stated. "I would rather her hate me than her getting beaten within an inch of her life Quinn. You can't tell Britt about this please" I begged. "You're asking me to lie to my best friend Santana. Is there nothing you can do? Or anything I can do to persuade you not to do this? I get that your trying to protect Brittany and I appreciate it but why are you doing this for a girl you met less than two weeks ago?" Quinn asked me. "I really care about her, I don't normally develop feelings this quick and it scares me but there's something about her that draws me to her and I just wanna protect her from anyone who will cause any harm" I say to Quinn.