024

🕷

NATHAN squinted at the sudden change in lighting as he was pushed into a room. He turned to look at the man that brought him in angrily. "You only get twenty minutes with them before I have to come back for you. Don't try anything funny, remember-we're watching your every move."

He followed his eyes to see two security cameras on each side of the room. "Who am I meeting here exactly?" He asked before the man slid the door shut, leaving Nathan all alone.

Another set of doors behind him, causing him to squint again to see who was entering. "Mom...?" They ran towards each other, meeting in the middle. "Holy shit, you're here. You're all here!"

Rosemary and Peter hugged him next, Peter wiping away a few tears while Rose was a mess. "What the hell happened to you guys? What did you do to your hair?"

"It's what we had to do," Michelle gently smiled. "After you went on the run, there were wanted posters everywhere, people found out where you lived...they destroyed our house. We decided that we had to leave, we had to get away but everyone knew what we looked like, so we did this."

Nathan nodded. "Sienna, Megan? Where are they? Are they okay?"

Rosemary looked over to Michelle before she spoke up. "Megan's fine. She stayed behind with Felicia, Francesca's mom. Even though we would've loved to bring her...we thought maybe it wasn't right to bring her to see you like this...and, Sienna? We haven't heard from her in such a long time that I think Francesca did something to her, I don't know but I just try to not think the worst but its difficult."

Michelle reached across the table to grab Nathan's hand. "How did the past couple months go for you, Nate? How have they treated you in The Raft?"

"Like literal hell," He shrugged. "I tried to remain calm but I'd keep having nightmares and just wouldn't be able to sleep. The Raft is ten times worse-there's bad guys we've put in there in the past and it just makes me think, who would've thought that I'd be in the same place as them?"

"We promise we'll get the best lawyer for you, okay?" Peter nodded. "They'll prove you're innocent. Francesca is not going to win this. Don't worry about it, Nate."

"How are you guys going to get me a lawyer when Francesca and her mother have all of you?" Nathan shook his head. "I heard about Tony...I heard about Aunt May. I could see she hurt you guys...I'm alone. I'm done. Francesca already won. There's nothing you can do to help me. This might be the last time we'll see each other-"

"Stop, don't say that-" Michelle blurted out.

"It's the truth, Mom!" Nathan screamed back, wincing when he realized what he'd done. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scream at you. I'm sorry."

Michelle shook her head. "Don't apologize."

Nathan squeezed her hand again, looking from her to Peter and wondered why they were separated instead of together. "Do you know if Cindy is alright? Francesca wouldn't tell me anything."

"Cindy...?" Rosemary raised an eyebrow. "Cindy Moon was with you? Francesca told us that a girl was with you but we figured it was Morgan. What was she doing there with you?"

"She wanted to stay with me so I wouldn't be lonely. I kept telling her that it was unsafe and to go home-but you know how she is, she doesn't listen. Things were going great until Francesca found us and I saw Cindy..." He rubbed his eyes. "I don't know if she bothered to tell you guys or-"