028

🕷

1 month later . . .

CINDY and Nathan swung through New York in the early morning, hearing the beeping from the cars underneath them trying to get the other cars to keep moving.

She landed on top of the building, running before turning to look at Nathan who was doing the same but on the opposite side. He knew she couldn't see it, but he still smiled at her.

"Incoming phone call from Mom." His AI, Bree, said through the suit. He watched Cindy leap from the building to jump onto the other one as he answered the call. "Kind of busy right now, Ma, can I call you back?"

"You're late-Sienna is a nervous wreck and nothing that Peter and I do can help calm her down. She just wants to get this proposal done and over with." Michelle whispered the last sentence.

Nathan ignored her as he tried to keep up with Cindy once he spotted her again. "She was planning to do that today? I thought she was doing it on Wednesday!"

"It is Wednesday." Michelle laughed. "You know, hiding away for so long made you forget the days of the week. It's okay, as long as you're meeting with your therapist."

Nathan sighed deeply. "I don't need to see my therapist anymore. I'm better now."

"No, you're not. You keep having nightmares, you're still paranoid. You're my son and I love you and I just want you to be a thousand percent okay, okay?"

He shook his head as he noticed Cindy close to where they said was the finish line. "Mom, you made me-" He smashed face first into the brick wall before dropping down onto the pile of bags underneath him.

"Nate, what was that? What happened?" Michelle yelled.

Nathan groaned, sliding the mask off as he lay on the floor while pinching his nose. "I have to go." He ended the call quickly seeing Cindy land in front of him. "Don't you dare laugh."

"Me? Laugh at my own boyfriend? Of course not." Cindy bit her lip, staring down at him as he sat up. "I'm sorry, you look ridiculous, I can't keep this in." She burst into laughter, bending over.

Nathan continued to frown at her, trying so hard to contain his laughter. "Ha, Ha, Ha, you keep laughing while I continue to bleed to death. You're being really helpful, Cin."

Cindy smiled as she reached out her hand to help him up. "Just like old days, huh? When your Dad taught you how to swing? Used to smash face first into every wall. I guess nothing's changed. I would give you a tissue to clean up but the suit doesn't come with that."

"It's fine. My mom actually called me. Sienna's planning to propose to Rosemary, don't know what that has to do with us-"

"The proposal does have something to do with us! Did you forget how Sienna wanted to propose?" Cindy raised an eyebrow as Nathan gave her a blank stare. She rolled her eyes. "Did you really forget? This is something special for your sister and you forgot?"

Nathan squeezed his eyes shut. "Can you remind me? I just have alot on my mind right now."

Cindy pulled away, crossing her arms. "Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"You," He grabbed her hand to pull her back into him. "It's always you."

"Uh-huh." She smirked. "You're saying that because I beat you! I made it to the finish line first so now someone owes me dinner." She tiptoed to kiss his cheek. "But first we have to clean you up."

GABBY'S NOTE!

thanks for reading, ghost readers