Chapter Six

Hey. I've promised you all a new chapter and here it is. I really hope you all like it.
___________________________________

Keith wondered the halls, confused out of his mind. 

Why would he know Zarkon's voice? 

That just makes no sense. He's never heard him speak before today. 

"Hey, Keith! How's it going? You've been kinda silent since Zarkon called." Hunk said, jogging up to walk beside him. 

Keith gave him a weak smile, "Just thinking is all. What are you doing?" 

"I wanted to see if you were okay. Also, I'm making dinner! Is there anything you'd like me to make?" 

Keith shook his head. "No. I'm fine with anything." 

Hunk nodded and began to walk faster, making his way towards the kitchen. 

"I'll see you at dinner!" 

".....Yeah." 

Then, he was alone. 

Alone with his thoughts again. 

Keith sighed and continued walking. Somehow, he ended up in the Black Lion's hanger. He stared up at the massive lion in awe. 

How could one man build such an amazing thing, let alone five? 

And, Zarkon. He piloted this before Shiro did. 

What happened? 

What is the story of the Paladins of Old? 

What happened to Zarkon? 

Coran probably knew. He'd ask later. 

Keith sighed and left the room. Though, it felt as though the lion was watching him. That's weird. Still, he shook it off and kept walking. He went to the dining room and sat beside Shiro. 

Shiro looked at him. "You doing okay, Keith?" 

Keith jolted a little and looked back at him. 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." 

Shiro's lips thinned into a line. 

"Are you sure? You kind of look out of it." 

Keith sighed. 

"I just... have a lot on my mind...." 

Shiro nodded. 

"That's understandable. Zarkon's looking for us, now. It's gonna be tough, but we can beat him." 

Keith nodded a little. 

"Yeah...." 

Shiro ruffled his hair. 

"Don't stress too much, okay? We got this." 

"...Sure....." 

Shiro smiled. Keith smiled a little back. 

Hunk brought out the food. 

"Dinner is served!" 

Everyone cheered and thanked him. 

"No problem! Eat up!" 

They happily dug in. 

Well, except for Keith. He pushed his food around, not eating at all. His mind was in another place. He still couldn't figure out where he'd know Zarkon from. Why was his voice so familier? And, why did it soothe something in him? He couldn't figure it out at all. 

With a sigh, he got up from the table. 

"I'm not hungry. I'm gonna go to bed." 

"Oh.... Okay. Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine. Just... tired..." 

"Alright. Get some rest, then. We have quite the battle ahead of us." Allura said. 

Keith nodded and walked to his room. He kicked off his boots and laid down. With his thoughts racing, he closed his eyes and fell into a restless slumber. 

Keith looked around a vast open space. He was confused. He started walking and saw a building in the distance. Breaking into a run, he went toward the building and gasped. 

It was the old theater he used to sneak into. He furrowed his brow and hesitantly went inside. It looked how he remembered it. It had the same dusty chairs and floors. The same moldy curtains. It was beautiful. 

He went further in and heard someone singing. It was faint, but he could tell it was a deep voice. He went toward it. As he got closer, the voice became clearer. 

Keith smiled softly. 

"Teacher." 

The voice stopped as he stepped out of the shadows. 

"Keith." 

Keith smiled more and his teacher gently cupped his cheek. 

"How are you, my dear?" 

"I'm doing fine, Teacher. ....I miss you, though....." 

"I know. I miss you, too." 

Keith looked at him. 

"Why did you have to go...?" 

"I had.... other things to attend to. I wanted to come back, but I never found the time." 

"Oh....." 

His teacher petted him. 

"I'm sorry, Keith." 

"It's not your fault.... I'll find you again. I know I will." 

"Oh? How will you do that?" 

His teacher sounded amused. 

Keith grinned triumphantly. 

"By singing, of course. You found my voice once, so I know you can find it again." 

His teacher laughed. "

Then, sing away, my dear. I can't wait to hear how far you've come without my guidance." 

Keith smiled wider. "I can't wait for you to hear it." 

His teacher laughed again. 

Keith joined in. 

In his sleep, Keith smiled softly. He couldn't wait for his dream to come true. 

Though.... 

He didn't expect it would end like this.....

Not like this......  

*End Chapter Six* 

Well, I'm so sorry for how long it took me to get this chapter out. I have an outline, but I don't know how long it will take for the next chapter to come out, if at all. I don't want to discontinue this book, as so many of you enjoy it, but I'm not sure I can keep writing content you actually like. It's a huge mess. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this. Sorry for the wait.