Ch.7 The Dreams

Aaron: This is No One's POV for now

---------------------------------------

          "My Pharaoh, it's time that you pick a slave," Seto said as he stood beside his dear cousin. The Pharaoh signed out of annoyance as he held his head in his fist and as he held an annoyed expression on his face. He looked at the entrance of the throne room waiting for the slaves to come and enter the room. Yami hated slaves with a passion, but it was the slavery part that got him ticked off. 

         He didn't like the idea of people doing other people's work. He thought of those people as lazy. It's good to have help but not have others do all of the work. The Pharaoh just signed as he watched the door open to see the chosen guards who were sent to fetch the chosen slaves. He didn't pay the slaves any mind but held sympathy and sadness to them in the inside.

          The Pharaoh saw that they only wore torn up rags with chains around their neck, wrists, and ankles. They all looked down cause they were told to. The Pharaoh wanted to do something but couldn't even if he was the king. "What's the point in all of this, my dear cousin? I have no need of a slave," The Pharaoh said not looking at the priest and not taking his head off his fist.

          "It is only necessary that you have one, Pharaoh," Seto simply said. The Pharaoh signed as he closed his eyes before opening them again. "I think that having a slave isn't necessary at all, but if it can't be helped so be it. But you have to choose them for me. I don't want to look at them and feel more sympathy than I already have." Seto nodded as he looked at the chained up people who were looking down.

          The priest scanned them all to see if any of them were suitable to be the Pharaoh's personal slave. So far non of them look suitable to be the Pharaoh's slave. Before the priest's eyes landed on one small shacking form. The form belonged to a boy who looked to be more scared than the others. Seto scanned him more to see if that boy was suitable. The Pharaoh saw that Seto was staring at someone with somewhat of a glare. 

          The Pharaoh followed his gaze into the crowd of people. To that boy's shaking form. The boy felt someone was staring at him so he lifted his head up a little bit before he saw that it was the Pharaoh who was looking at him. His eyes went wide as he quickly looked down as not to get in trouble. The Pharaoh looked at the boy with wonder and curiosity. 

          "I chose him," The Pharaoh said quietly. "You said I get to chose them for you, Pharaoh?" Seto said questionably. "Yes, but that one intrigues me," He said as he pointed to the boy he was looking at before. "Understood," Seto said as he turned to look at the guard that was at the boy's side. The guard looked at the priest as the mentioned man nodded his head. 

          The guard nodded in understanding as he walked over to the boy the Pharaoh was looking at. And since he knew which boy it was it was easy since they all have to watch the Pharaoh closely to know what slave he wanted. The guard knelt down and took out a key to unlock the boy's chains. The boy flinched thinking that he got caught looking at the Pharaoh but when he realized that they were just taking off his chains he signed out of relief. 

          But that didn't last when the guard yanked the chains that were still attached to the shackles. The boy was pulled up onto his feet and pushed by the guard's spear. It almost made him fall but he regained balance. The guard pushed him again, the boy turned to look at the guard but flinched when he saw the guard make a threatening push with his spear. The boy got the message and started to walk to the Pharaoh. 

          When they both got to him the guard pushed the boy down on his knees with his spear. The boy flinched when his knees made hard contact with the concrete floor. "State your name and age," Seto said with a cold tone to show some kind of power. "Yugi, Yugi Mutou, age 16," the boy said quickly as to not make the priest angry. "Well, Yugi you are now the Pharaoh's personal slave."

---------------------------------------   

   "Ah!" I shout up out of bed. "What was that?" I asked aloud as I looked around my room to see if this is still not a dream. As I looked around I saw that this was my room and no dream. I sign out of relief. I looked at the time. '5:40,' I thought. Might as while get ready for school. I got out of bed and walked over to my dresser to look from uniform. But as I did I couldn't stop thinking about that dream. 

   'What was that dream all about? And why have I been having them?  I never had them before Yami... No, it might be just some coincidence or something,' I thought before grabbing my uniform. I undressed and undressed into my uniform before heading to the kitchen. I know grandpa is not awake right now so I just have to take the responsibility of making breakfast.

~Time skip~

   I finished making breakfast so I put two plates on the table. I looked at the clock. 6:28 it read. Grandpa is normally up at this time? I guess he is going to be sleeping in for a little bit I guess. I quickly ate the breakfast that I had made and washed my dish. I grabbed my bag and put on my shoes. I walked down to the game shop and made my way out, I walked down to the street to school. 

   "Hey, Yuge!" I heard someone yell. I turned around to see Joey running up to me so he can catch up. I stopped in my tracks. "Hey, Joey," I said as I gave him a small smile. "Mornin' Yuge. I'm so glad that it's Friday," He said with a happy sign as we continued to walk to school. "Yes, indeed it is," I simply said. "You alright, Yuge?" Joey asked as he looked down at me with a concerned expression.

   "Huh? Oh, it's nothing I just have a lot on my mind," I said not taking a glaze in his direction. "And that would be?" I just laughed a little. "It's just about a dream I've been having these weird dreams lately that's all," I said. Joey hummed in response as he thought for a second. "What are these dreams about?" I thought for a moment to try to remember. 

   "I'm in a castle? In Egypt, I think? Cause they keep this person Pharaoh. And there was this priest next to him looks somewhat like Seto--," I was cut off. "Seto Kaiba?" I nodded as my responses. "Okay, then continue." I nodded. "And they were looking for a personal slave for the Pharaoh but he was against the idea of it. And when his eyes landed on a boy he wanted him to be the one. So the guard brought the boy up and was told to say his name--," I paused. 

   "And what was his name?" Joey asked. I can tell he was getting anxious. "It was me," I simply said. Joey looked at me. "You sure that it wasn't someone else?" I shook my head. "No, their name was Yugi Mutou. The same as mine." "Huh, that is weird but it's just a dream. It means nothing, it's just a dream so who knows," Joey said with a shrug. "Maybe you're right," I said. "Come one, were going to be late for school." I then grabbed his hand and we ran to school. 'But what if it wasn't it just a dream?'

   'So it begins.'

-------------------------

Aaron: I'm such a dumbass. I was reading this story and just realized that I put chapter 3 as 4 so then I had to fix the numbers. It's all good now.