Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

*v v v v v mild trigger warning that's not that triggering because it doesn't actually happen, but it is mentioned a v little bit so please don't cry ily*

Right, it was the tiniest bit odd going to some-guy-I've-only-known-for-two-days's place, but it didn't seem like he was about to molest me. Plus, he had a flatmate. It seemed safe, right? I hope, at least. Meeting someone like Dan was a pleasure, really. And, I'd hate to be one of those people that judges people on appearance, but Dan was a bit hot. And kind. Both matter, of course. 

Wasn't it weird that I just went with it? Or, rather, I suggested it? Plus, he was fine with it. OK, I'm getting a bit worried. But, who cared if it seemed 'slut-like'? Because, it wasn't. No one should judge anyone for their actions unless it was Hitler or Gandhi or anyone that impacted the world. Still, it wasn't that normal for me to do so. It was horrible being at war with yourself.

"Elle?" I hear Dan call my name and I look up. Was I in a sort of daze, or something? Uh oh. 

"Sorry, what? I was just thinking," I retort, looking up. He was very tall, in fact. He just smiles and laughs.

As we continue to walk, his head turns to me. "What were you thinking about?" He asks, looking straight ahead.

I shrug, emotionless. "Isn't a bit weird, taking a girl home on the first-"

Shit. Was it a date? Was it just a hanging-out thing?

"The first time you hung out?" I gulp, breathing out. He just laughs more. Alright, that's a bit creepy. Was this just a mistake? I could turn back now. Yeah, Eleanor, just turn back and run. It would be so much better than walking in pure awkwardness with your awkward self and hot boy next to you. Really, this was great. 

"Were you about to say something else?"

I stare at him. "No," I say, "but seriously. Come on, man. I need to know."

"I'm sorry if I seem creepy," he says, "I'm just sort of awkward."

I bump his shoulder. "You seemed pretty confident, Daniel. And, hey, you're an internet star, right?" I smile, not wanting to make him feel bad. God. I'm too nice, aren't I?

"There's many like me, really," he replies, smiling sadly. I roll my eyes.

"Like who? Dan, if you'd want to impress me, it doesn't take much. I barely go on the internet, you know."

"So, you don't know anyone? Like, not even Tyler Oakley or Zoella or AmazingPhil?"

I stop to think. Then I realize we're literally touching shoulders. Amazing. "I've heard you have a flatmate named Phil. I interviewed you as well, remember? Erm, I think I've seen somewhere that Tyler Oakley said pretty transphobic and racist things."

Wait, Eleanor, what if Tyler was his friend? God, you're an idiot. Oh well! Opinions are a thing, and they're valid!

"You've found out, AmazingPhil is my flatmate," he says, simply. I smile.

"Ugh. We've been walking for ages. Where is your house?" I ask, almost completely bored.

"Of course you ask that when we're there," he rolls his eyes. We come up to a random building which is his house, apparently. It is a very tall building, like every one of the buildings in London. This was why I moved to a big city. It was phenomenal to hear that street noise and everything. I just really loved it.

We go inside, and I see many stairs. I open my mouth. "Am I gonna have to climb that?" I whimper.

Dan nods his head, going first. I grunt and follow him. "Please don't tell me you live on the very top."

He remains silent, as we both walk up more flights of stairs. I sigh. "I swear to god, Daniel. I'm already tired."

I can hear him silently chuckling. I almost want to push him down the stairs. There's so many. It's just ridiculous. Finally, we get to a door where Dan opens it. I smile. "OK. Cool. Finally."

"Dan! Where've you been?" asks Phil, I think. I mean, I've met him only yesterday for about five minutes. Was I supposed to be recognize him even more, or something? Am I just looking way too into it?

Phil enters the room and notices me. He seems about to leave, with keys in his hand and a jacket. I wave. "Hey, you're the girl from yesterday, right?"

"Erm, yes, actually," I chuckle. "I do have a name, though."

"Sorry, sorry. It's Eleanor, right?"

I nod, shaking his hand. Why was everyone so tall? I was 5'6, which was oddly normal. The avarage female height's 5'4.6, so I was a bit taller for my age and gender. Ugh, men.

"Dan's talked about you," he says. I laugh, looking up at Dan. Did he? Did he, really?

"Really, Dan? That's great," I exclaim, sarcastically. He looks completely embarrassed. Well, my job seems to be done. "Teasing."

A bit of silence until, "You really are fond of that word, huh?"

"I'm just fond of teasing. One of the little things, I suppose," I respond to Dan. Again, more silence. God, this was an awkward moment. A super awkward moment. I sigh. "So! What are we doing, exactly? Just standing in silence? Because this is very awkward, and a bit boring."

Phil smiles politely, "Well, I need to be going, oddly enough. Have fun, you two," he says, rushing out. I watch until he's out of sight and hearing. I turn back to Dan.

"So! Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

I roll my eyes, sarcastically. "You should've prepared for this. Yeah, fine, whatever."

"You're a great person to hang out with," he says. "If that makes anything, erm, better."

He starts walking toward- what I suppose- is the living room, or lounge or whatever. I follow him. "I guess it does. Better than all these awkward silences. Seriously, what's up with that?"

He shrugs, chuckling to himself. OK, creepy. "I'm just a normally awkward person, I'm telling you."

"You're crazy. So, what movie are we watching?" I ask, sitting on a couch, while watching Dan kneel in front of the telly to pick a movie. 

"Uh. . . not sure. How about a classic?" he says, holding up a version of Grease. I giggle, sighing.

"I don't know, Dan. . .," I mumble. "How about another classic- High School Musical?"

He starts laughing. "The whole trilogy while we're at it, too," I say, getting up and sitting next to him to find a movie. I look through the selection, finding High School Musical. "Oh my god! You actually own it?"

"Er, I mean, yeah," he sighs, scratching the back of his head. I raise an eyebrow.

"Well, I know what we're watching."

~~

some feels in this chapter srsly im gonna throw myself out a window

sorta filler-y but idrc so shhhhh

i really wanted him to say "i have a wildcats shirt" and then have her see him naked and then they make out but i guess that would be bad writing;)

xx izabel