✈︎ 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝐸𝐶𝑂𝑁𝐷 𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 ✈︎

You quietly slipped out of your room as your parents argued, the sounds of their yells drowning out any noises you made while leaving. Creampuff yipped and jumped onto the windowsill, wagging her tail. You turned to the window, expression softening.

  "You wanna come with me, girl?"

  Creampuff barked happily, her small pink tongue flopping out of her mouth. You smiled and outstretched your arms, making a grabbing motion with your hands. "C'mere, Creamy!"

  Creampuff backed up slightly, then jumped out of the window, landing safely in your arms. You wheezed slightly as she hit your chest, giggling quietly.

  "Okay, let's go!"

You jogged down the pathway, Creampuff bouncing in your arms. Unlike yesterday, you felt less lonely, since you had your loyal puppy with you.

Although that feeling didn't replace how upset you still were.

You sighed as you approached the bench, until something caught your eye.

"Todoroki?"

The bi-color haired boy turned at the sound of your voice, staring at you.

"Oh, hello, L/N."

A small smile made your way onto your face as you sat down beside him, placing Creampuff on your lap. Todoroki's eyes flickered down to the happy pup and he smiled, gaze softening.

"Is this your dog?"

Your smile grew bigger and you nodded eagerly, petting the now-shy Creampuff. "Yep. This is Creampuff, my best friend and loyal companion. I've had her since I was 8."

"Ten years is a long lifespan for a dog, correct?"

"Mhm! She should be around her sixties right now in dog years."

Todoroki hummed, eyeing the dog. You grinned and gently held Creampuff up, eyes twinkling. "You can pet her, if you want. She's super friendly."

His eyes flickered up to you and he smiled gratefully, reaching his hand out and gently stroking the dog's fur. Creampuff yipped happily, nuzzling her face into Todoroki's arm. He laughed as she licked his hand, his heterochromatic eyes sparkling happily. A faint blush dusted your cheeks and you smiled, watching the playful interaction between your dog and the boy.

"Why did you come here again?" Todoroki said suddenly, looking back up at you as he rubbed Creampuff's belly. Your smile faded and you sighed, staring out at the lake.

"Same deal as usual. My parents are arguing again and I got sick of it. Luckily I left before they could drag me into it."

"Will they notice that you're gone? Did they notice yesterday?"

"Nope, didn't even notice me leaving or coming back. They're too busy going at each other's throats."

Todoroki stopped his ministrations on Creampuff's tummy, frowning. "My condolences. That must be very hard to deal with."

  "I-it's fine, it doesn't even bother me anymore. It's honestly just annoying."

  "I see." Todoroki hummed, eyeing you. You looked over at him, smiling softly.

  "Did you wait for me to come here?"

  "Yes."

  You made a noise and blushed, startled by his straight-forwardness. He chuckled, handing Creampuff back to you. "Talking to you last night was...entertaining. I quite enjoyed it."

  "R-really?"

  Todoroki nodded, making you smile happily and stare at the ground, cheeks rosy. "Gosh, no one's ever said that to me before. Normally people think I'm weird and keep their distance."

  "Why do they think that?"

  "I dunno, probably something to do with how I act, or something. I don't really have a lot of friends."

  Todoroki stared at you, itching to say something to comfort you. He didn't know why, but he felt a need to protect you, even though you barely knew each other. He opened his mouth, the wind making his hair blow gently into his face.

  "I don't have a lot of friends, either. Why don't we become friends, L/N?"

  You flinched as Creampuff licked your hand, heat rushing to your cheeks as you gazed at Todoroki. The corners of your lips curved up and your eyes sparkled, your heart fluttering.

  "I'd like that a lot, Todoroki."

  The red-and-white haired boy smiled warmly at you, feeling an odd sense of warmth and comfort in his heart.

  "Then, hello, new friend."