✈︎ 𝐶𝑂𝑁𝐹𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑀𝐸𝑁𝑇 ✈︎

You quietly stepped onto the ledge next to your window inside your room, biting your lip. You turned around, gazing around the dark room. Everything was just how you had left it before. You let out a small breath of relief, and turned back around, ready to jump out of the window. Suddenly, the lights turned on, and your mother appeared, a scowl on her face.

"Y/N L/N, where are you going?"

Your heart dropped and your face paled, your stomach churning. "U-um, I was going to get some fresh air."

"At ten o'clock at night? With your cellphone turned off?"

"Y-yeah...uh, I just wanted some peace and quiet for a while."

"You are supposed to tell us whenever you go out. Do I need to board up your window?" Your mother snarled, eyes glinting dangerously. You gulped, shaking your head as you stepped back into your room.

"N-no, ma'am. I'm sorry."

"I'm sick of your apologies! Just don't fucking do things like this and you wouldn't have to apologize in the first place!"

"W-What else am I supposed to say?"

"Don't say anything! Just don't fuck up!" She snapped, nostrils flaring. "Give me your phone, and give me your teddy bear, too!"

"W-w-why?"

"You know why! Don't question me, just give me your shit!"

You pursed your lips, struggling to hold in tears as your mother ripped your phone and Maggie from your hands.

'Well, looks like my two ways of coping are gone.'

"You're not getting your phone back until I say so. Or your bear. So you'd better work extra hard and do a shit load of chores if you ever want this stuff back." Your mother growled, turning and walking out of your room. She slammed the door behind her, making you flinch. You let out a shaky breath, tears streaming down your cheeks as you lay down on your bed.

"I fucking hate her. I hate her so much."

You sobbed quietly as you curled up into your bed, despair overtaking you. "I want to see Shoto..."

You heard a scratching noise coming from your bedroom door and slowly sat up, hopeful. Maybe Shoto was coming to rescue you, coming to take you away from all of this. You stood up and opened the door to see Creampuff, wagging her tail and staring up at you. You sighed, slightly disappointed, but smiled warmly at the dog and scooped her up in your arms. You shut the door behind you as you walked over to your bed, tearing up again.

"I guess I can settle for puppy love right now."

"Y/N?"

You turned to see Shoto staring at you from the window, and you yelped, falling backwards onto your bed.

"S-Sho-chan?!"

He stared blankly at you, leaning his head on his arm. "Why aren't you coming to the riverbank?"

You quickly composed yourself, wiping your tears away. "O-oh, uh, I kinda got caught...and I got Maggie and my phone taken away."

"Ah. I see." Shoto hummed, eyes flickering with pity. "May I come in?"

You pursed your lips and nodded, blushing. "Y-yeah. But be quiet."

Shoto nodded and started to climb into your room, accidentally hitting his head in the process. "Ow."

You giggled quietly at the tall clumsy boy, standing up and walking over to the window. "Here, I'll help you."

You grasped his hands, helping to pull him through the small window. His cheeks flushed and a small smile graced his face, although these things went unnoticed by you. Suddenly, as he finally got into the room, he fell, landing on top of you.

"Oof!"

You squeezed your eyes shut as you landed on the ground with a thump, heart pounding wildly in your chest.

"Y/N? What was that?" Your father called out from the living room, making you pale.

"Um, that was Cream!"

"...Okay! Go to bed!"

You let out a sigh of relief and turned your head to face Shoto, your eyes widening and face reddening once you realized what position you two were in. He had you caged in between his arms, hovering over you. His face was dangerously close to yours, and you could see every feature on his face. His gray and teal eyes were twinkling softly, his rosy lips parted slightly with surprise. A faint blush was spread across his smooth skin, and you could see every single eyelash on his eyes.

"Y-Y/N, are you okay? Did I injure you?"

You snapped out of your trance and shook your head, face now a beet red. "N-no, I'm fine! Don't worry about it!"

Shoto let out a sigh of relief, getting off of you. "That's good. I was afraid that I might have harmed you."

"The question is, are you alright? You were the one who fell!"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

You smiled softly, eyes sparkling and heart fluttering.

"Of course!"