Chapter 1

Mersaydez W
Age:23

"Thank you for shopping with us

"Thank you for shopping with us. Have a nice day!" I handed the lady her receipt and change.

"I'm beat. I'm ready to go home and prop up my feet." I turned and faced my best.

"I mean you could have been left. You own the place. Dummy" my best,Ajasia (24)popped her head around the corner.

 Dummy" my best,Ajasia (24)popped her head around the corner

"Yeah I know but I like being in here. I literally built it. It's like I'm home."

"Well then. I guess." She handed her phone. "Look at this man. He dark like you like them. Plus he got a beard." She stuck out her tongue. I looked at the picture and back up at her.

"Yeah he fine,but he look like he thirty sum." I walked out from behind the counter. I grabbed the cart of clothes that I had to put up.

"Ok soooooo"

"Age ain't nothing but a number. He don't even much look older then you by that much. Maybe 30 or 32" she followed me as I walked to the juniors section.

She knows that I don't talk or mess with older men especially of they more then 3 years older then me. I don't have anything against them. I just choose not to go that far. They man she showed me look like he could be my suga daddy. A sexy one at that.

"AJ..." I placed items on the rack. "He sexy but that's not my style. Now help me put these up so I can go. I gotta pick Lil mama up from school." I made room on the rack.

"Man you bout crazy. If I was you I'll jump all on that! Talm bout.." she started thinking. "See I would said Kevin Gates but I'm tryna get nastier. Real nasty." She laughed at the faces I started to make and helped me load the racks.

I heard the ding that the doors made when someone walks in over our laughter.

"Welcome to 'Saydez Clothing!" I yelled from where I was so the customer could hear me.

"Ms.Mersaydez I'm so sorry I'm late! The city bus had broke down. I tried to get here as fast as I could."
I peeped around the rack and saw that it was my youngest employee. Shay'lee. I meet her one day at the shelter when I was volunteering with her siblings. She was 15 years old at the time. I noticed that she was determined to take care of them so I helped her out.