Chapter 2

<Dylan's POV>

Knockout dropped us off in the bridge, claiming he needed to go check and make sure no, and I quote, 'fragging hairbrained seekers' had the horrible idea to place themselves in his medbay.

So the three of us humans said our farewells, invited him to our marathon, and made our way first to Soundwave.

We waltzed into the throne room, as Blair so eloquently dubbed it, and Sam's smile widened. "Yo, Wave!"

Soundwave spun towards his charge and picked him up, placing Sammy on the large purple shoulder.

"You would not believe what Vince did."

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the twentieth time today and climbed up onto Megatron's throne. Blair sat cross legged on the floor, leaning over her laptop, probably reading another online clothing magazine or something.

My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Jack and an update from the school gossip page.

JACK :
Hey, when do you want to meet up to work on the computer programming project?
Sent 15:00

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. My fingers typed out a quick response as I reclined on the arm of the throne.

When is it due? I lost my sheet
Sent 15:01
Read 15:01

JACK :
Thursday
Sent 15:02
We have the test over it on Friday
Sent 15:02

Shit. I thought looking at my phone. It was Tuesday already.

JACK :
R U free tonight?
Sent 15:04

I really didn't want to cancel on them but I also needed to get this project finished. I looked down at Blair.

"Hey, on a scale of one to ten, how angry would you be if I had to cancel the movie marathon tonight?"

Blair's green eyes narrowed dangerously and I was very glad that I was up out of her reach. "An eleven," She hissed. "Why are you cancelling?"

"What are we cancelling?" Sam asked from his perch on Soundwave, as the two boys walked over.

"Dylan wants to abandon our movie night."

"I don't want to cancel." I huffed, waving my phone screen at them. "I need to finish my computer programming project and unlike you two, my partner does not live on the Nemesis."

Sam squinted at me. "So no movie night?"

"No, I'm going to Jack's house."

"Jack Darby?" Blair frowned. "As in, Autobot's pet human, Jack Darby?"

Sam hooted. "Ooh, fraternizing with the enemy now, Dylan?" He clicked his tongue playfully. "I'm disappointed."

My eye twitched. I so wasn't in the mood for this right now. "He's a teenage boy," I growled darkly, unaware that I sounded just like my guardian. "That I share a project with."

"And apparently a love interest too."

BB's anger hit a pause at Sam's words and she smirked deviously. "~Dylan and Jack, sitting in a tree~"