||Chapter 1 : One Night Stand||

New York , USA

Naira's POV

Naira's POV

The Bronx AleyHouse Bar

"Hey beautiful....", the customer winked at me as he rested his hands on the slab and leaned closer.

I rolled my eyes and faked a smile.

"What would you like to have?", I asked him.

"Can I have you for the night? You probably taste better than any of these cocktails", he said trying to hit on me, pointing his finger at me.

I smiled and leaned closer to him.

"Oh yes, I do. But I guess.... you only have this cocktail in your fate. You are just not worth it to waste my time on", I said as cheerfully as I could and his expression grew bitter.

"Now can you just get out of my face? There are other customers too who are waiting in the line!", I raised my voice and he turned away, murmuring some curses under his breath.

I scoffed looking at him and turned to the next customer.

"Yes sir.....what would you like to have?", I asked him.

"A Moscow Mule please", he replied.

"Sure", I smiled and started making the cocktail.

Hi, I am Naira. Naira Singhania.

Yes, I'm Indian but I've been living in New York since childhood. I'm your typical 5'4 petite girl with olive skin tone and straight black hair - simply beautiful.

I'm a bartender. That's my part time job to pay my university fees. I study at the Columbia University. You see, I lost my mom and dad at a very young age, I was mostly ten at that time and my family kinda abandoned me. So since then, I've been living on my own, looking after myself. I've just grown stronger and bolder as the days passed.

But that doesn't mean I'm all alone in this big, cruel world. I've a bestie, her name's Sasha. She's my batch mate, class mate, bench mate, roommate, workmate, life mate. We both are like soul sisters, the only difference is she always speaks about guys and she's a lot crazier than I am. She works in the same bar with me.