Romance is a health hazard

Lucas and Karl gazed at the futuristic city in front of them.

They had never been here before

They had never been here before. One might like to wonder it's reason, but one can't really find an answer out of no possibility!

It was a striking evening, filled with stars and the bright moon, which seemed to glitter. They walked into a coffee shop for refreshments. Not that they had any money, but kindness is a free gesture, they thought.

So inside they went, of a vintage themed coffee shop, with chairs and tables attached to the ground. They asked for glasses of water, which they received and sat on chairs surrounding a small table.

"So, we have to find Samantha and we've narrowed it down to a city," Karl said, with a hint of sass.

Lucas didn't say anything, for here he was, in a strange city, trying to find his sister, and yet was drowning his eyes in a girl sitting across the table.

The beautiful girl walked over to his table, along with another girl.

"Would you like to take a walk?" They said with asking eyes.

This invitation was quickly accepted by both of them, for different reasons though.

"Now we can see the city and the places to which girls probably go," said Karl

"Yeah. Yeah," Lucas just shook his head back and fourth.

So, both of them, with a date on their arms, walked out. They were taken on a romantic tour of the city, towards the lakeside where the moon shone bright. Time slowed down, with violins playing in the background. Both of them lost in this dream world, forgot the intention with which they had come.

They were all alone now, when suddenly, his date bore her nails into his arms and blood poured out from it. The girl, along with the other one, turned into a monster.

A word escaped Karl's mouth,"Empousa." And he was right indeed. The girls were the monsters they had only ever heard stories about.

The empousa attacked Lucas with her nails as he tried to escape it

The empousa attacked Lucas with her nails as he tried to escape it. He took out the dagger from his pocket while Karl was already armed with a bow and a quiver of arrows.

"Oh my God!" Exclaimed Karl.

"A Half-Blood! We meet after a long time," she said in a croaky voice.

"What?!” said a confused Lucas, trying to dodge all of the empousa's attacks.

"Tonight, we feed upon you," said both of them, together.

Karl's bow and arrows were pretty defenceless in a close-up battle. He tried dodging the attacks, but in the end, was lying in the ground.

Lucas didn't have any luck either. He attacked the empousa with his dagger. His hand was way too weak. He felt all the energy leave his body, and with one attack from the empousa, the dagger flew up in the air, and, as luck may have it, landed on the empousa, which had Karl cornered, and turned her into dust.

Karl was paralysed. He could not move a bone in his body. He had fright sweats and panic attacks. He had practically become immovable.

The other empousa grunted and sprinted towards them.

Lucas then, showing a lot of courage took Karl's arrow, and threw it like a spear towards the empousa.

The empousa, while turning to dust said, "It's a shame what happened to your camp," and revealed a disfigured smile.

There was silence now, waiting silence. These boys now had a lot of things to talk, argue and discuss, but unfortunately, there was not enough time for it, for they saw a body floating in the lake.

......................................................................

Hey !

author here

I wanna say that many of you are reading the chapter (which I'm grateful for) but please leave a vote.

Me and my editor work really hard on these chapters, if you didn't like it tell us in comments we'll improve it but please vote it really encourages us and sometimes we need to redo the whole chapter because we think it would look better from a different perspective. So please support us

Hope you enjoyed reading this !

Special thanks to - Ambrose (lamelife7007) for editing the chapter