that bloody potion

word count : 1062 words
suggestions for stories here:

It was common knowledge to Lily that Sirius Black woke up nearly an hour before his fellow dorm mates just to do his hair, so she decided that's when she would strike him. That would be the only time she would be able to get him alone.

Sirius woke up to the faint sounds of birds chirping from outside the window. He sat and admired the sound for a minute before hesitantly getting out of bed. As soon as he opened the curtains the cold hit him and he shivered slightly; he wished he had someone to keep him warm. He glanced over at Remus asleep... get it out if your head Sirius he thought to himself Remus is straight he would never like you. He sighed and walked over to the bathroom and began to run the shower before he heard a knock at the door. Who was at the door this early, he thought. He walked past the beds and saw that everyone was fast asleep so it couldn't be James coming back from Lily's room. He got to the door and opened it...

"finally!" Lily pretty much shouted as she pushed past Sirius

"oh,hi Lily if you're here for James then he's asleep" Sirius pointed to the top bunk of the bed behind him, where James lay softly snoring.

"actually i'm here for you" Sirius tried to hide his visible confusion. What was so important that she couldn't just tell me at breakfast. "i need you to try this" Lily said pulling out a perfume shaped bottle.

"what is it" Sirius asked still confused. He took the bottle out of Lily's hand and sprayed a couple sprays in Lily's direction. He took a deep breath through his nose and inhaled the scent. It smelt like old books but also the forest after a rainstorm, dark chocolate and tea that has gone cold before you had the chance to drink it but also recently blown out candles. Sirius stepped back after smelling it he felt as if his nose had just had an orgasm. "woah Lily what is that"

She didn't answer him directly she just smiled and said "it worked then". Sirius couldn't be more confused and Lily noticed this. "i'll tell you what it is if you just wear it just for today" Lily looked at him but he didn't seem up for it. "please Siri" she pouted.

"okay, okay i will" Lily smiled and he smiled back at her until he noticed the time. "Lily you need to get out the boys will be up soon"
Lily didn't have a chance to respond because Sirius was practically shoving her out.

Sirius got ready as normal as the other marauders began to get up. Remus was first out of the rest left still sleeping. Sirius couldn't help staring as he got out of bed; his broad shoulders, scarred torso and his beautiful golden eyes. His trance-like state was broken by a whinging James muttering about how they should of woken him up earlier as he needed to look good for Lily, followed by a few groans from Peter as he rubbed his eyes and got out of bed still half asleep. Sirius got dressed and nearly forgot about the perfume Lily had left until moony brung it up again. "pads what's this" Remus asked with a questioning glance. "oh it's nothing" Sirius replied. Remus was suspicious but didn't push it further. A minute before they left Sirius sprayed himself with a few sprays of this weird perfume Lily had left him and walked out.

Sirius walked into the great hall and suddenly felt all eyes turn to him, he pretended like he didn't notice it and sat next to the others on the Gryffindor table. Everything was normal until James mentioned something, "woah Sirius you smell exactly like Lily!" Sirius just looked at him before Lily and Alice completely both lost it and were laughing into there cups of tea. Peter leaned over a took a whiff of Sirius' scent "you smell like the black lake" Sirius was now siriusly confused (haha see what i did there) he had ignored the three compliments about how he smelt on the way to the great hall but this was just extreme, he was about to ask Lily what was going on until he heard Remus' voice. "let me see what you smell like" he took a short breath before sitting back down "he smells normal all you guys are just being weird" Sirius felt a bit of relief now "thanks mo-"

"ha i knew it!" Lily shouted, she looked pleased with herself, nearly too pleased. "what?" moony asked eyeing her down. "that was amortentia thats what Sirius is wearing" both Sirius and Remus nearly spat there drink out. "really!" Sirius asked but his question was answered when mooney got up and stormed out of the great hall with a tear running down his cheek. Sirius just watched him leave before James gave him a shove and Sirius went after him. Remus was there sitting with his hands in his hair and his head in his knees. "it's okay mooney" Sirius said sitting next to him. Remus looked up at him in his eyes, "this isn't gonna change anything about our friendship because obviously you're straig-" Remus was stopped by a pair of warm lips hitting his, it took him a moment to realise what was going on but when he did he kissed back. The kiss was slow and passionate and seemed like it went on forever -not that either of the boys were complaining. When Sirius finally pulled away Remus made a sound as if he was longing for more. "Remus i'm pretty sure that answered your question about me being straight" both the boys laughed "and we can keep kissing later we need to get to lesson in a minute" Remus pulled Sirius into quick kiss and a hug before he left towards the potions classroom. Sirius stood there dazed for a second this day couldn't of went any better.

—the end—
this is the first story i've very written so i hope it's okay please leave some suggestions and share if you liked this i'll be trying to update every week or hopefully more frequently than that but for now
goodbye :)