Fifteen

Noah removed her light blazer once she set her purse down and hung it up on the hook on the door. "I feel like a movie. Not a home video, but an actual movie."

Seeing as Faith was officially staying and felt overwhelmed enough for one evening, she didn't mind skipping a video that night. "Do you have any actual movies?"

The only thing Noah appeared to do to relax was read.

"A few in the basement. I'll bring them up and you can pick one out."

"Sounds good," Faith agreed. "Let me just change in my pajamas first."

She went back to her bedroom, closing the door all the way this time, and slipped out of her cashmere dress. After Faith brushed it off and hung the garment up, faith changed into her boxers and a tank top, then grabbed her hairbrush and ties and brought them back to the living room with her.

It was still embarrassing knowing she'd wanted to marry Noah just so he could brush her hair whenever she wanted, and was more embarrassing that she'd flat out declared as much to him, but it'd become their tradition since that night.

As he brushed her hair before braiding it, Faith glanced at his minuscule movie collection. "I've never heard of a single one of these."

"That's because I like older movies," Noah told her as he braided.

She read the backs of each of them and chose the one that sounded slightly familiar. He tied off the end of the braid and then put the movie in the DVD player before going back to the couch and placing the pillow on his lap so she could lay her head down.

As the movie began, she saw it was in black and white; the title being presented with an orchestra.

"Dennis' wife-"

"Carole," Noah reminded her.

"Carole said something at dinner tonight. About how you and I acted like no time had passed."

"Yeah?"

Faith sat up, still unsure of where she was going with this. "Is that how you feel? Like no time has passed?"

Noah took a moment and rubbed at his forehead before resting his temple against his palm. "Time for me has moved slow these last fourteen years. As far as you and I are concerned..." He became quiet, looking as if he were trying to think up the right words. "When I recognized you at the airport, it was because I recognized my little snowflake. I would have recognized her anywhere, anytime. But this last week I've spent with Faith. I'll always have the memories of the little girl who I would have done absolutely anything, and I'll always cherish them.

"But that's all they are, Faith. They're just memories of the past that helped me survive my present. The person I took home from the airport was Faith, a woman I would also do absolutely anything for and one I'm making new memories with."

She'd found him handsome so many times before, but being so close to him and hearing that calm and hidden intensity in his voice took the man to new heights. Even if she gave it all her strength, there was no breaking away from that stare. There was a fire within it, causing her skin to flush and mind to fill with smoke.

"You said you'd do anything for me," Faith whispered, barely recognizing her own voice.

"I would."

What she wanted more than anything in that moment was the one thing that had always terrified her the most. Not so much that, but where it could lead to. Yet with Noah Scott, those fears evaporated like water.

Faith's eyes fell to his plump lips she'd placed a chaste kiss upon only a few hours earlier. They were so tempting then that it took all of her strength not to allow her hidden emotions to take over and expose her. She pried her eyes away from them, looking downward in shame.