Chapter 10

You

The thick tension I witnessed between Nayeon and Jihyo was sculpted in my mind. I went back to the club room to took my phone and was greeted by the extreme silence between the two. Like there was a cold metal wall on their middle that separated them.

After I connected my ear buds to my phone, I played the first voice record. The first voice was Nayeon's.

: "Are you serious with your decision Jihyo?"

: "What do you mean?"

: "Why Y/N? Out of all people?"

: "Because she has the potential-"

: "Don't fuck with me Hyo! I know you want her in the club because she looks like her!"

: "Enough, Nayeon."

: "So I am right?  You let her because of your personal issues-"

: "I said enough, Nayeon!" a large BLAG! was heard from the other line,  like Jihyo slammed her table hard. Nayeon was silenced and Jihyo continued her line,

: "Personal issues? Ha! Your hypocrisy Nayeon! By the way you're acting right now, you are the one who's taking it personally!"

: "I-I don't..."

: "You don't? Don't lie to me... You are guilty, aren't you? Because she reminded you of her too! "

Silence trailed after that,  until I heard Jihyo's voice again and ended the voice record.

: "Remember your place or I will do something that will force you to. I don't want to talk about this matter again, Nayeon."

"That's all?", I mumbled. I put back my phone on my pocket and secured my ear buds. I spotted MoSaChaengHyun eating their snacks and giggling happily. I smiled at the sight, they looked so adorable when they are happy.

"Y/N-chan!", Sana beamed when she saw my figure. I waved my hand before I went closer and took the seat beside her. A slice of strawberry cake was served in front of me. My stomach churned at the delicious food.

"Is this for me? This is my favorite!"
"Yes, Chaeyoung ordered it herself. It is her favorite too!", Momo replied.

I glanced at Chaeyoung and grinned delightfully, "Thank you, Chaeyoung-ssi."

"Anything for you." The two Japanese widened their eyes at the younger's remark. Momo nudged the latter and teased her, "Did you just flirt to her?"

"I don't. I mean it." She stared to me meaningfully. I gulped, my ears warmed up in embarrassment. Sana noticed my flustered state and pointed it out till the lunch break ended. The table was full of laughter and giggles. It was good to feel that way again.

•••

3rd Person

"How's my granddaughter doing nowadays?", the old man asked. His hair were swept neatly, intelligence was very noticeable on his sharp features. His eyes were the deep shade of black, plain yet deep in some ways. In front of him was where a young lady stands.

"She's doing great. She already infiltrated the base of the gems of the academy.", she reported, her voice was dull and lifeless perfectly blending her clouded mystic eyes.

"What about you? How are you doing?", the man asked again.

"Still the same. Stalking your granddaughter in every possible way just like what you commanded." The man laughed at the snark response of the lady. He was amused to be precise.

"What do you think about my granddaughter?"
"She is intriguing..."
"What do you mean by intriguing?"
"I can't comprehend her actions. She's just a blank void and very unpredictable. It makes her a lot harder to follow as I know she'll know my existence if I get too close."

"Don't worry your agony will end soon.", the man stated. The lady furrowed her brow in mixed confusion, "May I know what you mean?"

The man fixed his glasses and gazed upon the girl in a villainous sneer, "I think it's time for my granddaughter to meet her fiancee. It's her time to meet you, Tzuyu."