【Chapter two】(In the midst of major edits lmao)

Hajime pov

All 16 of us stand around the giant statue in the center of the park, talking amongst each other and wondering who our new classmate will be. Monokuma had told us that we would be receiving another person, but he didn't say anything else. We are all obviously dying to know who they are, so it's no surprise that we'd start speculating. Quiet chatter fills the open air and wafts around on the wind. I myself am conversing with Ibuki.

"So, so, so! Who do you think they could be? Gah, just thinking about it makes Ibuki excited! Do you think that they're a cute girl? Or maybe they're a steamy dude? Still, there's always a chance that they could be a gn whor-"

I begin to tune her out as she continues to ramble, slowly beginning to formulate a few ideas of my own. They really could be anyone. I'm not as forward as Ibuki, but I must admit that I'm just as curious. The wait is making me a bit antsy, and I can tell that it's having the same effect on everyone else.

"Hey, hajime! Are you listening-" ibuki stops.

The area goes still as we hear loud, clunky footsteps approaching our group. We turn to see a vague figure hurriedly running down the cobbled path towards us. Everyone freezes in awkward, intrepid anticipation as they come to a stop a few feet away.

They're panting and leaning on their knees with sweat rolling down their forehead and disheveled hair. I scan their figure. They wear a sky blue blouse, a bright yellow skirt, and black demonia boots that reach their upper calves. I immediately black out idk (AN: I'm fucking dying I can't think of anything to replace the paragraph with)

I was knocked out of my trance by the mf waving a hand in front of my face, a concerned look painting their features. "Hello? Hello? Y'all chill? You seem kind of out of it"

I shake my head, giving a small shrug to affirm that I'm well. "I'm fine. I just tend to zone out a lot," I blurt.

Luckily, she seems to take the excuse well and returns it with a smile of her own. "I'm glad. You were really freaking me out there for a second."

In that moment, it's like they and I are in our own little world, but that magic is broken when fucking Ibuki starts shouting.

Ibuki pov

"Wowee, the new girl is c-u-t-e, cute! Hi there new girl! Ibuki is sooooo happy to meet you~!" I shout, rushing up to greet her. I bump into Hajime on the way, but who cares? All Ibuki cares about is the cutie right in front of her. Besides, he'll be fine! That dood is built like a tree.

The new girl opens her mouth, getting ready to speak, but I cut her off with a tight embrace. She grunts cutely as I squeeze her into my chest and I can absolutely for sure say that it was the most adorable grunt Ibuki has ever heard! Most grunts are deep and itchy but hers is so high and soft, like a hamster or a bunny rabbit. I like that! I like that a lot!

"Hey, can you stop hugging me so tight? I'm suffocating..." she whispers, struggling for air.

I immediately let go, of course! I would never want to hurt this precious little bunny rabbit. "Ahaha! Sorry Bunny, Ibuki doesn't know her own strength sometimes," I say in a singsong voice, rubbing the back of my neck. "I won't do it again, I swear on my dead grandma's grave!"

Bunny tilts her head, clearly confused. "Bunny? What do you mean?"

"Oh, it's just a nickname for ya. Don't you just loooove it?" I chirp, clasping my hands together.