Chapter 22

I wake up in a hospital bed with Emma and Liam sleeping in chairs next to me. I notice my leg in a cast over the blanket,

Liam has bandaids over cuts on his face and arms, the bruises look almost healed.

How long have I been in here?

"Will!" Liam yells as he awkwardly hugs me.

"Hey kid." I smile.

"Will." Emma yawns.

"Hey, are you guys both okay?" I ask.

"Yes, we're fine. Are you? You've been out for a few days." Emma asks.

"Really? It feels like it all just happened."

"You saved me." Liam smiles.

"I guess I did." I smile back. "But you saved me first."

"Yeah, but how did you get to him? You flew." He questions.

"Yeah, about that. You can't tell anyone. I will explain everything at home." I tell him.

"Okay." He nods.

"When do I get out of here?"

Emma gets a nurse who brings the doctor. They make sure everything is fine and I check out the next day.

Drew and the other guy, Clark, are in prison serving life sentences. When we get home I explain everything to Liam and we all spend the day with Emily and Shawn, watching movies and playing video games.

After everything that happened I managed to get my music career up and running while Liam, Emma and Emily all help.

Now it's been almost ten years since what happened and Emily and Liam are together. Living in their own home with two amazing kids.

We're all living our best lives with the people we love. I couldn't have asked for a better family and I know that if my parents were still around. They would be proud.