1

Rrrrriinnnngggg...
Rrrrriinnnngggg....
"Ugh," I moaned, rolling over in the white fluffy hotel bed.
"Goodmorning," my mother's voice happily chirped. "Our flight leaves in 2 hours, so gather your belongings and we'll be on our way to the airport, everything else already arrived at the house,"
Too bright, too happy, too excited mother was. Did she not understand we were about to leave the only place I've ever called home?
"Why don't you go and I stay with a friend while you're gone, I'm sure Shauna wouldn't mind," I said, throwing myself dramatically back into the covers.
"I've told you, we're permanently moving to Galar, your grandmother has met you a grand total of 2 times, and she needs my help to help her find a suitable successor for her gym, as she wants to retire soon. Now get up, or the phone is going away," mother's voice shifted to annoyed. Of course, I've heard that explanation about 100 times, but I still didn't want to accept the fact that I was moving away from Kalos, leaving the only place I've ever known.
Angrily, I sat up and got dressed in a pair of ripped blue jeans and a purple flowing tank top, with white shoes. I topped it off with my hair in 2 braided pigtails and a purple headband that ties in the front. I packed up the rest of my stuff into my carry on bag as we left for the airport.
The plane ride was alright, heights just made me nervous.
Before too long, we were descending and landing near a city called Hammerlocke. We got our carry-on and got off the plane to be greeted by my grandmother, who was the leader of the fairy type gym.
"There's my daughter!" She said eagerly as we approached her, engulfing my short mother in a hug.
"And my beautiful granddaughter, Sylvia!" She said, this time I engulfed her. I was 5'6", while she was 5'4", and my mother a mere 5' even. "Would it kill you to where a little pink?" She said. I smiled shyly at her, a bit confused as to why I should wear pink. I brushed it off as my grandmother escorted us to the short walk to Hammerlocke, the heart of Galar. She lead us right to the middle of the city, taking us into a huge dome sort of building.
"The flying taxi won't be here for a bit, do there's some people I'd like for you to meet," she said. The main room of the building was huge, multiple doors on either side, a big front desk and a elevator that was locked. Different crowds of people were scattered about.
Soon enough, a tall, towering man with dark skin wearing orange and purple came over to us.
"So, this must be your daughter and granddaughter," the man, a Rotom phone following him.
"Yes, this is my daughter Claire, and her daughter Sylvia. Claire was a talented trainer before Sylvia came along. If she was younger, she'd be taking over the gym for sure," Opal explained.
"Do you specialize in a specific type?" Raihan asked my mother.
"No, I always had a diverse team, as I never planned to become anything less than a champion," she explained.
"Well, I'm the gym leader here, and I specialize in dragons, in fact, I have an exhibition match here in a bit, I could score you guys some VIP tickets if you'd want, dynamaxing is really something great when seeing it for the first time, especially up close," Raihan continued to explain. The three of them continued to chit-chat for a few minutes, so I looked around more.
"What about you, Sylvia?"
I hadn't been paying attention and was caught off guard hearing my name.
"He asked if you had any pokemon," my mother said, almost as if she were embarrassed.
"Oh, uh, yeah I have one," I said awkwardly, giving a sort of half smile attempt.
Raihan gave a reassuring smile before he answered, as if telling me he understands. "Oh yeah, what pokemon is it?"
"Its a Poplio, gran gave him to me after visiting the Alola region because it's the only known starter pokemon to evolve into a fairy type," I explained, hearing its name, Poplio started to move around in his pokeball, so I grabbed it from the side of my bag and let him out.
"Wow, I've never seen one in person before, do you kind if I take a selfie with him for my Insta?" He asked, his Rotom phone zooming to his hand on cue. "You can be in it too, I'll tag you,"
I nodded and picked up Poplio, holding him up. Raihan extended one arm with his phone and put the other lightly around my shoulder.
"Smile!" He said, snapping a picture.
"Oh, this is adorable, and a perfect pre-champion smackdown pic, what's your Instagram?" He asked, vigorously typing on his phone. I told him and he tagged me. Instantly, my phone buzzed with notifications.
"Sylvia, if you wanted to, you could stay here and watch the exhibition match while we go to Ballonlea to unpack, it'd be a good opportunity for you to make some friends, and you would just complain the entire time while unpacking," my mother said.
"I don't know," I said unsurely. Being on my own in a foreign region seemed a bit unsettling.
"I'll keep her with me and my gym staff and have a flying taxi take her home after the match," Raihan suggested.
"That would be such a help, you're so sweet Raihan," Grandmother gushed. He gave her a smile. My mother looked at me and I nodded my head.
"Alright, Sylvia. We'll see you this evening," my mother said as her and grandmother turned toward the exit.
"I'll take good care of her!" Raihan shouted as they left. "So, how do you feel about meeting our champion?"
"I don't know who your champion is, but I guess I wouldn't mind," I said, truly not knowing who the champion was. The only champions I knew of were Diantha and Cynthia.
"You don't know who Leon is, you better not tell him that, he'll get offended. I think you'll like him though, he's real popular with the ladies," Raihan explained as he started walking toward the elevator.
"Why only them?" I asked curiously, following him into the elevator. He used a key card and the elevator ascended.
"He's eye candy, sweetheart. Why else? But you'll probably get along with him because you're also pretty good looking," he explained. He wasn't trying to be perverted, just trying to explain to me through my thick skull. I felt my face warm up in embarrassment from being called attractive. Raihan caught my eye and started laughing once he noticed the deep red my face was turning. "You're too innocent and modest, perfect for the fairy type gym leader," he said.
I quickly glanced back up at him, seeing him quickly shut his mouth and look away.
"What did you say about the fairy type gym?" I asked, seeing if I heard him right.
"What? Nothing of importance, hey there's the chairman!" He said, changing the subject. I looked down the hall to see a tall, tan skinned and dark haired man in a gray suit. My father.