3

"Sorry to hear the match was cancelled, maybe you can go back and see it later this week," the taxi guy said to me as I got off. I smiled at him before he took off again.
My mother and grandmother tried to make small talk to me as they escorted me to our new house. The new house wasnt big. It had a kitchen, living room, bathroom and two bedrooms. Everything was just about all moved in due to the help of my mom's machamp. I went to my room and changes into more comfortable clothes and attempted to figure out how I was going to confront my mother. I eventually gave up and waited for her to come to me. In the meantime, I scrolled through the dms from Raihan's fans.
Omggggggggg are you guys a couple
Back off rando he's got plenty of girls
Yoooo you ugly, he deserves better
I sighed and set my account to private and blocked all messages from people that I don't know. I did notice Raihan followed me, and I did appreciate his compassion towards me, as well as taking me in despite being a celebrity.
I hung out in my new room until about 8 at night. Outside was not much of an indication or time because the thick forest prevented sunlight from shining through.
A soft knock on my door broke me from a trance. The knob slowly turned to reveal my mother slowly coming into my room with a plate with a slice of pizza.
"Hey, honey," she said softly. I sat up and gave her a half smile. "Your dad called me,"
"I figured as much,"
"He didn't mean to hurt you, he really was just trying his best to support us,"
"If he really cared, he'd have ditched his schemes to become rich and powerful and spent time with his daughter instead. Obviously, I'm not important to him and I don't want to see him,"
My mom gave some sort of expression that was a mix of guilt, understanding, and sadness.
"Is that why you divorced, because he was never around and self centered?" I asked, starting to become angry. The more I said it aloud, the more it felt real.
"Sylvia, you've had a pretty long day, we all have. We can talk about this another time,"
For once, my hard-headed self just let the matter go.
My mother left and I fell asleep not long after.
I woke up bright and early the next morning. Well, not so bright, but definitely early. My grandmother said we had a lot to do, so I was up. While eating breakfast, she gave me a book of all the pokemon that are fairy type or dual fairy.
"Why?" I asked, flipping through.
"Just in case you would want some more fairies,"
My mother was up shortly after me, already wide-awake.
"Alright, I have to come clean," she said as she walked into the room. I tilted my head slightly at her beginning remark instead of a greeting. I looked to my grandmother who had a look of defeat.
"Best do it now," she said to my mother.
"Sylvia, from the moment your father and I found out I was pregnant with you, it was decided you were to succeed your grandmother as the fairy type gym leader, mainly because people who succeed gym leaders are very young so they will run the gym for a long time, so I was off the table. And you have it in your blood to be a great trainer," she said. "So, we're going to work on you being a trainer,"
My eyes widened as I processed the information, shocked at what I was hearing.
"B-but, all I have is a weak Poplio. How are you going to turn that into a tough and challenging obstacle for other trainers?"
"That's why we're starting now. Between us and some others, we can teach you all there is to battling and leading, and you'll become strong like us,"
"Can I be excused?" I said, quickly standing up and rushing to my room. I shut the door and sat down against it. So much to take in. In a short time, I'd have such a big responsibility. How do I go from not being a trainer at all to leading a whole gym?
I decided to text Raihan, as he seemed to be the only person in the same region as me that could be any help. Come to think of it, I didn't have hardly anyone to turn to for help, very few people cared for me. My grandmother and mother of course, but I don't want to talk to them. I refuse to speak to my father. All my friends back in Kalos will probably never see me again, so we'll lose touch pretty quickly. I have been here for 1 day, so I hadn't made any friends. By process of elimination, Raihan is my sole option.
- hey
~hey Sy, what's up
He responded way too quickly.
- so I need to talk to someone that isnt my family
~I gotcha sweetheart
Right after receiving that text, my phone rang.
"Hello?" I said, surprised at how quick he responds.
"So, what's the issue? Boy trouble, family trouble, legal trouble?" He asked casually.
"I guess it would fall into family trouble," I said after thinking a minute. "Pretty much, I was just told I have to take over the fairy gym and I'm going to learn to be a trainer and become strong in a matter of months,"
"Geez, becoming a strong trainer takes years to perfect. I can help with the training and gym leading stuff if you'd like. I happen to spend a lot of time training as it is, 'cause y'know, second best in the region,"
"Really? You'd do that for me?"
"Of course, sweetheart. Anytime works for me, we could start today, I can show you the basics. Wait, I got the best idea how you can get strong,"
"What is it?"
"You could do the gym challenge! Learn all about battling, how the gyms work, working together with your pokemon, and meet new pokemon to build up your team. It'd be great for you!" He said. "Here, let's have you fly back to Hammerlocke at 12 and I'll take you to the wild area and give some basic tips," he said.
"Wow, actually training and battling for me! T-that's a bit nerve racking,"
"You'll be fine, you'll have the best teacher, that's for sure. So I'll arrange a flying taxi to pick you up and have you over here by 12," he said then quickly hung up the phone. That went a lot better than I thought. I let poplio out of his pokeball and we left my room. My mom and grandma had the kitchen table full of papers from various books and binders.
"Hey, Sylvia! We're just planning out your training and gym management lessons. Today we're going to start with basic fighting, type matchups!" My mom said excitedly.
"Okay, but I'm going to meet Raihan at noon and he's going to help me too,"
"That gives us plenty of time, now sit!"