CHAPTER TWO

Sheila's POV

It took us 7 good hours to get to the district of Columbia.

To say my body is aching me would be an understatement I felt like I just got hit by a bus.

Mr Han packed his car in front of a white apartment it looked like the front space was used for a bakery and the back was used as an apartment for three people like a bakery and a house attached together.

"I've been saving up for this for years pancake I was thinking of starting my own bakery and don't worry I already saved up for your college so you would be the artist you have always dreamt of"my granny said from beside me

"thank you granny, you're the best. Wow this is huge"I said hugging her tightly

"pancake your squeezing me i can't breathe"she said.

"sorry granny"I said leaving her

"Come on let's set up everything we are opening on Monday"she said

"Yes granny I'll go and unpack right now"I said.

"okay pancake you will see your name on the door to your room"she replied.

I unpacked,had my bath then went downstairs to help my grandma with the bakery. We arranged for a while then started chatting;

"pancake when you get to your new school just try to make friends"she said.

"no granny I don't need friends and if I have friends who will keep you company"I replied

"no you won't use that as an excuse you know pancake I'm growing old and I won't live for-"I cut her off

"no granny don't say that nothing will happen to you"

"but you have to make friends at least one friend pancake it will make me very happy"she whined

"okay granny but if it was like my old school count me out"I said

"deal"she said and with that we completed our work.

Some hours later,we were done cleaning so we cooked together some lasagna the went to our various rooms Mr Han was still here because he wanted to spend the night here as we won't be seeing each other for a while. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling thinking about what granny said and questions were just floating around my head

Will granny also leave

Just like Edward left

Just like dad left

Just like mom left

I felt a tear falling off my cheeks. Am I that bad that everyone is leaving me.

No I won't let granny leave, no no she won't leave I wipe the tears off my face if granny also leaves then- no I won't think about such things it's good to think positive that way positive things will happen and with that I drifted off to sleep.

Next morning

The sun shines bright above my head and was disturbing my peaceful sleep I stubbornly shut my eyes tightly refusing to surrender to the sun after a minute I finally gave up I opened my eyes and sat up.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands when I was done I looked at me phone to check the time and I saw 11:25

Ah! In your face, sun

I climbed out of the bed then walked into the bathroom I took out my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth in the process I looked at the mirror and you could say a zombie looked better than I did.

As I finished brushing my teeth I stripped and got in the shower and had a cold bath when I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped my towel around myself then brought out my hair dryer and straightener.

I dried my hair and straightened it then went to the closet and wore a blue hoodie With a black jeans and wore my old black converse I took my lip balm and rubbed it on my lips.

I took out my backpack and put my headphones, sketchbook, pencil, colour and eraser ready to go to the park.

I left my room and headed for the bakery where I saw my grandma making some toast.

"good morning granny"I greeted.

"morning pancake"she replied then added "now this is normal"

"what is normal granny?"I asked

"you waking up late"she answered

"whatever granny I can't wait to stuff those toast down my throat"I said looking at the toast l like a love sick patient then sat down on a chair my granny served me with toast and coffee.

As I was eating I noticed granny looking at my bag "going somewhere pancake?"she asked.

"yes I decided to go to the park to find some inspiration to draw"I said.

"ok but when will you be back?"she asked

"around 5 will you be able to survive without me around?"I asked jokingly.

"please I barely survive with you around"she fired back

"ouch granny that actually hurt my feelings"I said holding a hand on my chest and pouting

she smiled"you know pancake with your cute face I wonder how you don't have a boyfriend"she said still smiling.

Here we go again.

"bye granny I have to get going now"I said getting up .

"hold on let me pack some muffins for you"she said then started packing the muffins.

I opened the fridge and took two cans of Pepsi and some chocolate chips and a bottled water.

I collected the muffins from her and pecked her chick "thanks granny I'll see you later"I said.

"bye sweetie and don't forget to make friends"she said as I left the bakery.

I brought out my phone and went to Google maps, I searched for any park close to me and it showed one.

I started walking there humming no guidance on my way there after what felt like an hour but only fifteen minutes I finally got to the park.

I took out the bottled water and drank almost half the bottle I sat down resting and closing my eyes I felt at peace like there is no single worry in the world and I enjoyed the feeling if only it could stay forever but too much of everything isn't good right.

I opened my eyes took out my headphones and connected it to my phone and started playing music as I put it above my head.

I took out my sketchbook and pencil looking around for inspiration I looked around for a while until I found one a boy around my age lying on a bench wearing a black jeans a red shirt and a pair of red canvas with one leg on the bench and one leg down headphones on and his hands around his head his eyes were closed and a butterfly stood on his nose.

What a view. I started drawing and soon I was done I looked at my work and I was proud of it.

Then the boy received a call and started arguing with someone on the phone "alright I'll be right there"I heard him say and with that he left.

After he left I drew many more pictures then I looked at the time 4:30 it said well then I guess I'll start heading home.

I packed all my stuff then started going home.

I got home 4:57 due to my slow walking I greeted granny and went upstairs to shower then I put on some shorts with an oversized shirt that used to belong to my brother then went downstairs to eat lunch and we made some homemade pizza for dinner then said goodnight and we all went to sleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

❤️.